• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FWS Upgrade?

tlchosting

This may have been posted before but I would like to ask.

Will FWS ever upgrade to the new version of VB?

I have noticed that every day more and more forums are going over to the new VB also I have played about with it and the new version seems very stable.

I think that the Peo has a owned licence of the vB for the current version.

I've used the new one also. But I don't see any major difference between them. Just some changes in appearance.

When the new version came out there was a lot of complaints. I didn't see any reason to upgrade at that time. We might decide to upgrade within the next month or so due to security etc.

To be honest, at the moment I prefer the new version of InvisionBoard over vBulletin.

Would it be too costly to just switch right to IP.Board then Peo? I mean it does seem better than using vB and seems more reliable/secure to use for everyone, members & admins alike.

I wouldn't mind giving a hand too, if we ever did make that switch from vB to IP.Board

The main issue with switching to IB is not the cost. I suspect that a lot of long time members object to moving away from vB.

I would've thought though Peo, if you wanted to swap to IP.B then it's your decision? Not the members? I know this might not seem nice, and I apologize to all the long-standing members here, btu I think it should be the owners choice, not ours.

I'm guessing Peo probably respects these long time members' opinions and hence it affects his decision as to whether or not to make the switch. :D

With a community members are very important to keep it going, without them you dont have a community.
Thats what I like about peo, he understands that and does his best to keep everyone happy when possible, although its not always possible to keep everyone happy.

TBH I dont care what forum software fws uses. I care so little I didnt even realize it was outdated.

Imagine if you couldn't convert the rep though, how how mad people would get.
That would be funny to watch.

When the new version came out there was a lot of complaints. I didn't see any reason to upgrade at that time. We might decide to upgrade within the next month or so due to security etc.

To be honest, at the moment I prefer the new version of InvisionBoard over vBulletin.

Yes the new IPB seems really good. But it all depends on if you use lots of mods ect. I like with VB is that there mod database is huge.

I personally didn't realise we're running outdated software.

Is a upgrade that critical? What extra benefits does it provide?

If you upgraded to VB4, I would be willing to integrate the forums for FREE as a way of giving back to this fantastic community.

I use VB4 and I have got to say I like it rather allot more than vb 3.8, not so keen on IPB if im honest, It just doesn't float my boat, just not keep on it and how it works.

If you upgraded to VB4, I would be willing to integrate the forums for FREE as a way of giving back to this fantastic community.

I use VB4 and I have got to say I like it rather allot more than vb 3.8, not so keen on IPB if im honest, It just doesn't float my boat, just not keep on it and how it works.

Who're you?

Well, I do have over 220 posts and have been a member for just under a year now, so I thought you may have heard of me by now :p

Well, I do have over 220 posts and have been a member for just under a year now, so I thought you may have heard of me by now :p
Your not really known here till your NLC (1,000 posts + 1 year) or just really active which your not as I don't know you either

Back