• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gauging some interest

hibs1875

I am a member of a forum that is currently hosted on a shared server with 100 GB bandwidth per month. The site/forum has grew dramitcally and the current host isn't happy about the amount of bandwidth its using so the site needs to be on a dedicated server with these requirements:

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz
1GB DDRAM Memory
120GB EIDE Hard Drive
1,000GB Data Transfer
100Mbit ports
cPanel

The owners of the forums have contacted various UK hosting sites and the cheapest so far is £890 a year!!!

What can you offer for the above?
(Remeber i'm just gauging interest)

Thanks
Hibs1875

Well, using too much bandwidth doesn't require you to move to a dedicated server. On the other hand, if it is affecting other users on the shared server then it would be best to move to a dedicated server.

Are you looking for a server located in the UK?

Yellowmc said:
Well, using too much bandwidth doesn't require you to move to a dedicated server. On the other hand, if it is affecting other users on the shared server then it would be best to move to a dedicated server.

Are you looking for a server located in the UK?

Anywere m8, as long as its realible.

Your price for that server at £890 is a GOOD DEAL! (If the server is located in the UK)

Your looking at $130/month easy (if hosted in USA) ($1,560/year)
or £120/month for a UK server (£1,440/year!!!)

p4 2.8ghz
10mps port (cheap upgrade though probably only about $10)
1000gb bandwidth
1gb ram
80gb hd (again upgradeable cheaply)
cpanel/whm/fantastico included
$125 unmanaged!
great management also available!
http://www.webhostingmasters.com/dedicated.html for more:D
note: located in savvis in america.
£890 is an amazing deal, thats about $445 a year!

Last edited by a moderator:
needlehost,

It does scare me a little, the reason being that webhostingmasters had a little (3 hour) downtime today. And it seems that their uptime monitor has been deleted. "Bad service identificator.". A Little strange eh? Normaly it's only kiddys that do that :p

do you have your forum specs handy?

number of members
posts per day
online at the same time average
also is the forum expected to grow much more or is it about at its peak. You may have outgrown shared hosting but you may be a good candidate for semi dedicated/business hosting depending on your stats

80 GB space
P4 2.8GHZ Socket 775
512MB Memory
1500GB Transfer
DirectAdmin Or Cpanel
Free Setup $89.00/ Month

To order This Special Offer email me or PM me

The price £890 that you got is competitive and not expensive compared to the market price, so I suggest you go for it even more if the servers are located at the UK.

I have to agree with iiPanel here. The UK server is one of the best deals your goin to find anywhere, i would like to know who you got that quote from tho :)

Back