• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gayble - Another Hosting Business Disappearance?

Yepp!
I also came across with Gayble site review and posts. The name is different and unique, I also remember Gayble. I also wondering what happened. :confused4

Hmm now that I think about I haven't seen him either. Gable, oh Gayble, wherefore art thou Gayble. :)

If he goes under, he should at least sell off / pass on his clients to another host. We can only presume he did not have paid clients hopefully.

And that's why I would never buy from a host that has been around for less than six months. There is just too higher risk they will disappear (along with your site and money).

ced said:
link die
Server not found

thats the whole point of this topic..

and yes, gayble was a unique name. Shame they didnt sell it, even though it was new im sure it would have gone for a reasonable sum.

Last edited:
Guess he didnt have a ''gay'' day, but why do we care?, hes not the 1st & wont be the last. It was a cool name. I just feel sorry for there client (s). They have to find a new host :cry2: .

Perhaps the reason it just disappeared was because Gayble had no clients. I wasn't a fan of the name personally.

JLHost said:
Perhaps the reason it just disappeared was because Gayble had no clients. I wasn't a fan of the name personally.

To my knowledge he hosted free accounts :confused4 .

It's hard to pay for a server with $0 from clients. :) I do remember him as well. But get used to it, what can I say. Hosts on FWS die all the time. It was the fact that everyone didn't want me to suceed on here, that made me continue doing it, and we are growing every day. So I guess it's a good thing I came here. :p Once you get past the first six months, it's easier from there. You have a better grasp, a bigger client base, more servers, we're flying.

i still remember webplanethost... i think it's successful until he sold it
2nd was zeeblo.. yet.. he sold it again
3rd was from his forum where he sold some of his stuffs, templates etc.
4th was just sponsoring from his forum (pbbforum)
5th.. gayble and hostneo

did i miss something?

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to inform you that we have NOT disappeared, we are still here, and all data is still on our old HDD. To all customers that have had to go through this downtime, we would like to offer you two methods of compensation:

1. Free month of hosting (If you choose to stay)
2. A full refund

Now, let me explain:

Post at NamePros said:
Recently the server experienced ongoing MySQL and cPanel errors which were caused from the server running out of HDD space, so I talked with Mark and purchased an additional 120GB to add to the server, around 3-4 days after all the errors. He eventually requested my root password so he could boot the server on the new hard drive, so I gave it to him.
A few days went past, I was getting really impatient as I really needed everything up, so I sent them a few emails saying how angry I was, but still no reply. Having angry customers was really the last thing on mind, midst all the ongoing problems I've been facing, I tried going on msn for 2 straight days just to wait for Mark to come online, and what did I gain from this? absolutely nothing, unfortunately.

To add onto all the problems there have been a few riots going on where I live, people running all over the streets, white supremists, really sad.. and my friend from school was bashed to death, so that was also a hard time for me. I really hope you understand.
I feel alot better now, and have been able to go on MSN, and check a few forums, but I'd just like to let you know that everything that has happened is completely unintentional. And about the riots in Sydney, feel free to search through ninemsn.com news and I'm sure you'll find it. Yes, as a webhost I do have responsibilities, but these riots came out of nowhere, and I'm not psychic, I never knew my friend would die.

I just want to let you, and all Gayble customers know that Gayble is not going down just yet, we are still hoping that Mark will return. From the time I've known him, he's always responded to support queries in a timely manner, just now he hasn't. Maybe it's because it's christmas? maybe he's sick? I have no idea, but I will try calling him through the number on the whois.

All data is still safe and secure on the server, we are only waiting on a reply from Equonix about all these problems.

Thankfully, I have received a few replies to all the emails I've been sending Mark the past few days, and he has told me that he has just came back from his holidays. I wasn't really impressed with what he had said, he could've at least told me so I wouldn't have wasted my time hopelessly trying to contact him.

Anyways, there was also a problem on his side, there was supposed to be staff taking care of the problems while he was gone, but they obviously haven't, which is what I'm angry about, so Mark has alot of screaming to do..

Nevertheless, I would just like to express how deeply sorry I am for all these recent issues, I really am.

NOTICE: GAYBLE CUSTOMERS

--============================================================--

Please contact Gayble Support at gayblesupport@hotmail.com with the accounts you wish to be restored.

The old HDD still has the data, we've tried EVERY method possible to move the data over to the new HD, this involves ghosting, slaving, and even booting, but the data just won't move. However, there is still hope for a few accounts, so if you've hosted a website you actually spent your time on, we would be happy to restore it for you.

--=============================================================--

Also, I never really knew you guys liked the name "Gayble" :) I was actually planning to change names, but not any more.

Finally, here are some replies to the posts above:

James said:

The reason the server was down for quite some time was explained above. The HDD was overloaded due to some free hosts hosted on the server I believe, and when the time came that we bought an additional HDD the DC could not deliver promptly, and in effect we have to suffer. However, I'm happy they have given me a free month for all the troubles.

There are enough resellers on the server to cover the costs :) Our shared accounts are not too popular, but we always have people coming to us for resellers.

Kindest Regards,
- Gayble Support

Last edited:
Back