• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

gcsnet.net down?

What's in it for the hoster? if there hosting you for free? Absolutey nothing. Despite any "plans" they have, advertisments will not keep a service running. And now that invested capital is running dry most free services on the net will simply just disappear. It's not like I can go to McDonalds and get a free burger in exchange for advertisments on the wrapper. That would be a terrible decision on McDonalds part. Same thing will soon apply to online services.

It hasn't yet applied to broadcast tv or radio... They may have a lot more commericials than they originally did, but it's still free to listen/watch after all these years. :)

Don't most people hav to pay a cable fee. I guess its freee if your using the antenna on top of your house. There should be an option for paying a lot of mony to get rid of commercials.

The least Gcsnet.net could have done was announced something :(. Now I have lost all visitors due to my website being down, and now Im running it off my 56k (temporarily) until I find a good paid host.

Lynks

good luck finding a GOOD paid host. I find them just as reliable as free hosts these days.

Originally posted by evilhaze
good luck finding a GOOD paid host. I find them just as reliable as free hosts these days.

I take that as an insult. You can never go wrong with a GOOD paid hosting company. You just have to ask around and take notes before jumping the gun and signing up with the first paid company you find.

Went bye-bye without any notice too. Guess it's back to F2S for now... *sigh* the extreme difference in speed......

Back