• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ghost question

chicos

my computer has only one 10gig hard drive. i want to partition it so that it's 1.5 gig (c: - for win98 & progs) and 8.5gig (d: - for documents, movies and other junk). ideally, i would only ever need to format one partition to get windows up & running again (or even better, use norton ghost to make a perfect image of c: and restore it when it screw itself up).

will norton format the c: partition and restore whatever was on the drive or will it wipe the entire drive, and create a 1.5gig partition with my windows setup??

thanks in advance

from my experience, it wipes the whole hard drive and u need to install stuff all over again.

if it wipes the whole disk, why does it have options to back up either a partition or a disk? i thought that restoring a partition would wipe a particular partition and replace it with the clone. whereas restoring a disk would wipe the whole thing.

i guess i'll need a second hard drive then

i put all my docs and stuff in my D drive, and have games / programs in my C drive...

and programs i cant find easily in D, also.... (plus i have programs on CD so i can get my cpu back in a day or so like it was before i formated)

Back