• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

globat.com/

shittiest host. Dont touch them. The front page lies, there is no limited time, that date will always be in the future, pure BS.

Also, in the T.O.S. it says only 1/2 of your bandwidth can be used on downloads (like your gonna use 25gb on other stuff pffft)

Also, their is a 10mb file size limit you must obey at all times.

Also, their live tech support = stupid, i have been with them before and I cancelled as fast as I could. Stay away.

Their are also many other tricks in their T.O.S.

We would need to know your requirements before we could recommend a host.

sorry bout that, im starting up a website with lots of small movies, each 1-2mb in size....funny clips from tv or home videos, flash files, pictures, stuff like that. so bandwith is gona have to be high. but i want something that is cheap, and that i can upgrade as i need.

ps: im not asking for advertisements in this thread, only advice

If that is backed by an SLA and includes upgrades/DDoS/et cetera its not too bad.

They will be down 4 or so days a year which is acceptable I suppose.

That's because we are a bit more honest. Most hosts put it knowing full well they cant do it. It only takes a single, poorly written script to take a server down. So when you have a shared hosting environment where you have a few hundred clients per machine....well, there's probably no way you can offer 99% and be telling the truth.

There are hosts out there that offer 100% uptime, and mean it. However, they are about $600 per month for 10 megs of space and a gig of bandwidth. Our network connectivity is 100%, but we would hope that most people are smart enough to know a host cannot offer 99.9% uptime when most clients are paying less than $20 per month.

98.9% is our guarantee, not our average. I wont lie to get business. Sorry. Many hosts will disagree with me, but 99.9% uptime guarantee is a lie, they cant meet it. You really think all the $1.99 hosts sitting at Rackshack can truly do that? Those hosts dont even know where their machines are, cant upgrade them, cant have them built to specs, have to rely on a third party to make their machines stay up....yet they can offer a 99.9% uptime :S

99.99% is like the "unlimited" myth. Anyone can slap that number on their front page, it's merely a sales tactic... In our case, it would probably now be safe to up that number, but prefer not too just yet. We have a new $15,000 external program in place that blocks such attacks as DDOS and others. It's been in use since about two weeks ago, and uptime has been almost 100%. One attack got thru a couple of days ago and one of our machines went down for about 5 minutes....but thats just one out of many attempts. The program learns, so the exact same attack cannot be successful again.

Anyway, in the case of downtime, most hosts seem to blame it on something not covered by their 99.999% guarantee anyway (like provider problems), so what good is it? We just spent $50,000 on new hardware, moved everything close to me for immediate on-site support, and have the new software in place....I can promise you that if we cant offer 99.999% uptime, neither can most other hosts in the same, lower, and even a little higher price range as ours...

Last edited:
I disagree with you webdude.
Proper disaster planning and proactive monitoring is the key to maintaining high uptime. 99.9% is achievable.

For example, we are a Windows host. We have customers running some of the most brutal and poorly written scripts on our servers. Yet, if you go buy HostingAssured statistics, we have maintained an uptime of about 99.81% since 06/26/2003. We however claim 99.5% on our website.

I regard our prices as competitive. And I'm sure there are plenty of hosts here at this forum who have been able to maintain high uptime and competitive rates. I believe that linux hosts can achieve much better uptime than Windows hosts.

Perhaps when you have been around another 4 years as a host, you can disagree with with Webdude ;)

Originally posted by Jan
Perhaps when you have been around another 4 years as a host, you can disagree with with Webdude ;)

Well, I think a year is good enough to know a thing or two :)
We've not faced any major DDOS attack yet. It looks like Webdude's main downtime is due to such attacks

According to Hosting Assured - WorldzonePro

Year ---- Month ---- Outages ---- Downtime --------------- Uptime
2003 --- December 0 0 hrs, 0 mins, 0 secs 100.000%
2003 --- November 2 2 hrs, 2 mins, 9 secs 99.717%
2003 --- October 0 0 hrs, 0 mins, 0 secs 100.000%

Yes, it may be possible, I still wont guarantee it. I have learned the hard way too many times. I know our systems in and out. I know almost every script on all our servers. I still wont guarantee it. I will guarantee at least 99.5 once we reach a six month 100% uptime stat..

Yes, our main downtime was due to DDOS attacks. I guess someone doesnt like us. But that's ok, we have now taken care of that problem.

And what Jan meant was that we have been around since 1998. I have been involved in the industry itself since 1996.

Last edited:
Back