• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Godaddy Agonizingly Slow!

GlennBeforeTime

Why is Dan Back!!
NLC
Who here has problems with Godaddy just taking ages to load? I'm not winging because the page takes 10 seconds to load, I'm carrying on because I've been waiting for the last 10 minutes to check out a backorder I have on a domain name that has just expired and it still hasn't loaded!

Does anyone else here have these troubles?

I live in Australia, so naturally the internet loads slower then what UK's and US's class as normal...
I use Telstra, which is the main ISP of Australia, supposed to be the fastest (Year My a--) and every other site I access loads well, but godaddy.

Godaddy just seems to be a hunk of junk in terms of load time.
Normal godaddy ping from Australia is 275MS

Godaddy is always slow for me. Give me name cheap any day, I can be in there and out in the time it takes for one GD page to load.

[UW]Glenn;1042095 said:
Who here has problems with Godaddy just taking ages to load? I'm not winging because the page takes 10 seconds to load, I'm carrying on because I've been waiting for the last 10 minutes to check out a backorder I have on a domain name that has just expired and it still hasn't loaded!

Does anyone else here have these troubles?
Its not a good tool even the repor not getting properly, not simple...Better go for google analytic tool

same as usual. not very fast but neither that slow either. seem to be a problem from your side.

[UW]Glenn;1042702 said:
I live in Australia, so naturally the internet loads slower then what UK's and US's class as normal...
I use Telstra, which is the main ISP of Australia, supposed to be the fastest (Year My a--) and every other site I access loads well, but godaddy.

Godaddy just seems to be a hunk of junk in terms of load time.
Normal godaddy ping from Australia is 275MS
Perhaps you need to kill the load, then refresh.

There we go... Many people agree, Godaddy is just way too slow.
Now just think, how bad would it be if Google was that slow?

They are a bit slow every time I visit their site. I suppose they always have a lot of active users on their site, and I suppose they need to upgrade their applications and hardware

They are a bit slow every time I visit their site. I suppose they always have a lot of active users on their site, and I suppose they need to upgrade their applications and hardware

Or maybe have mirrors for people outside of the fast internet zone (A.K.A most of Oceana)

I stumbled on this post because I was having the same problem.
Here's what I found:

My Trend Micro anti-virus was corrupt! GoDaddy (and several other sites) were painfully slow (2-10 minutes to load one page, every time) on one of my two computers. On the other one everything was fine. Both are essentially identically configured.

After un-installing and re-installing TM everything is now fine. I won't bore you with the details but I spent the best part of a day chasing this.

Try turning off your anti-virus and accessing the site. When I did this the problem disappeared. Inicidentally after re-installing TM I believe that perfromance on all sites is better.

Back