• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

godaddy and expired domains

punkcore

The domain name I want is registered on godaddy.com and is going to expire this august. How long do you think godaddy will drop the domain so that I can register it?

I would guess roughly 45 days after the expire date (give a few days extra), however as this domain is registered, and has 3 months left, I think it may be a bit premature to talk about registering it. In other words, it could be renewed the day before (and even after) the expiration date.

in fact there is no standart :cool:

for ex. tucows domains are deleted on the 41. day while bulkregister ones on the 27.day (my personal experience) :D

From the Tucows/OpenSRS FAQ, "What happens when a domain name expires?"
gTLD domains are taken out of the root zone on their expiry date. This means that all associated services will cease working until the name is renewed (if and when this happens). Further, modifications to the name (contact information or Registrar transfer) are not possible after a domain's expiry (until the domain is renewed). OpenSRS domains are deleted and made available again 45 days after expiry.
The 45 day time limit is the time that the Registry will automatically refund the mandatory renewal fee that the Registrar pays when your domains expires.

-t

Back