• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GoDaddy - Anyone with experience of it?

It continues to be reported that GoDaddy has hidden charges to do things like change registrants, etc. I've never found this detailed on their website, but you might search on SitePoint or WebHostingTalk so you are not surprised.

-t

I've registered 2 domains with them and they have never charged me more than the amount I paid for the domains. I'm still going to go with them if I want to buy a new domain. :)

i found a hidden charge but it goes with their hosting service... i only register domains...i havnt seen any price increase,.. its been almost 5 months lol!

Originally posted by gOoSe
i found a hidden charge but it goes with their hosting service
thats not a "hidden charge", it is clearly stated
and you don't have to go with it
if don't want their hosting services, don't click on the box requesting
also the price is clearly stated too

Re: you mean..

Originally posted by gOoSe
the 90 some dollar charge?
but the charge ARE NOT HIDDEN
they stated the prices clearly

it would be hidden if the prices is hidden somewhere and the font is really small

This is not the kind of thing I was talking about.

If you search over on those other forums, you'll see things reported like $49 to change registrar information, $20 to transfer away from them, etc. I don't know if these are true, but they have been reported in the other forums I mentioned above.

These charges are not posted anywhere on their website that I could find - and I would not consider them extra services like web hosting.

-t

Re: Re: you mean..

Originally posted by wm2k1

but the charge ARE NOT HIDDEN
they stated the prices clearly

it would be hidden if the prices is hidden somewhere and the font is really small

i said it was a fee that i saw that maybe people MIGHT have been talking about :rolleyes: between Disney Fans and so-called webmasters i think ive had enough lol besides the reason i asked about the 90 dollar is cuz it WAS in small print for a few months!!

Back