• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GoDaddy puts itself up for sale - 1 billion dollars

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
GoDaddy is up for sale. The company is worth around 1 billion dollars.

SAN FRANCISCO — Internet domain name registry GoDaddy.com has put itself up for sale, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday. The privately held company could fetch more than $1 billion in an auction, the report said, citing people familiar with the matter.

I don't hate GoDaddy. That's where i have most of my domains :p Didn't expected this, though.

My money is on a stock manipulation tactic for this one. They announce they're for sale to make a ripple in prices, and then after whoever is behind it is done making a fortune they say they've changed their minds.

Though if they actually do sell, consider who would be willing to buy them at that price tag. And what would that mean for their service.

At the same time this could affect very nearly the entire hosting market. A lot of people use godaddy domains or Godaddy resellers. With GoDaddy for sale their services will be up in the air until the new buyer takes over.

Last edited:
ok, i have a friend that worked for them that still has connections. the word is that NO, godaddy is NOT for sale, and a company was called in for advice in certain areas. this MAY be a way of anticipating Bob putting part of the company up for investors, but, he said he WOULD STILL MAINTAIN CONTROL of the company. so, that settles that.

also, if godady was to sell, it would be for no less than 5 billion, not 1 billion, so, that was a stupid article to begin with.

ok, i have a friend that worked for them that still has connections. the word is that NO, godaddy is NOT for sale, and a company was called in for advice in certain areas. this MAY be a way of anticipating Bob putting part of the company up for investors, but, he said he WOULD STILL MAINTAIN CONTROL of the company. so, that settles that.

also, if godady was to sell, it would be for no less than 5 billion, not 1 billion, so, that was a stupid article to begin with.

A lot of sites are reporting the same news: http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=godaddy+on+sale

Why should they sell GoDaddy while they have good sales?
I think most of the newbies use them. :)

note: Look at the tags. :) I've seen them everywhere.

Back