• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GoDaddy transfer/push

uho

I am new to this guys please bear with me. When my domain sells how do I transfer the domain name to the new owner? I have looked it up on google and couldn't really find anything comprehensive. Anyone have a step by step to do this? I would realy appreciate it and thanks for all your help this is a great forum :)

Josh

You can manage the transfer of your domain name from your CPanel.

Note if your domain name has not been registered for more than 60 days, it can't be transferred to an other domain registrar (this is an ICANN rule for all domain names registrars). However, what you can do is to transfer the domain to an other account of the same registrar and I think this is free. So, e.g. if you have a domain with Godaddy, you can transfer it to an other Godaddy account. So you'll just tell your buyer to create a Godaddy account and you'll then transfer the domain to his account.

If you're going to sell your domain on sedo.com, Sedo will help you to transfer the domain to your buyer.

Thanks alot for the help. I was pretty sure about tranferring to another GoDaddy account just wanted to make sure. :)

You can manage the transfer of your domain name from your CPanel.

Note if your domain name has not been registered for more than 60 days, it can't be transferred to an other domain registrar (this is an ICANN rule for all domain names registrars). However, what you can do is to transfer the domain to an other account of the same registrar and I think this is free. So, e.g. if you have a domain with Godaddy, you can transfer it to an other Godaddy account. So you'll just tell your buyer to create a Godaddy account and you'll then transfer the domain to his account.

If you're going to sell your domain on sedo.com, Sedo will help you to transfer the domain to your buyer.

No, you are wrong in one thing, the 60 days restriction is only for non ICANN acredited registrars, GD is, so you can transfer is before the 60 days.

BTW, the best transfer method is pushing a domain, no transfering... :evilb:

Back