• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Ads - CPM vs. CPC?

Shrekonline

Hi,
Firstly I was wondering if someone could help me out. I was wondering if someone could say exactly what CPC and CPM mean. I have some general knowledge of it but I'd like to know 100%.

My main question was what pays more, CPC or CPM? For someone who expects to get about 50-200 unique hits a day, What do you reccomend? When someone says, "Someone once clicked on my Google Ad and I got $15!" is that CPC or CPM?

Thanks for your help.

CPC is cost-per-click...

CPM is cost-per-Impression..... (I forget what the M stands for I think its french or something...)

So clicked a google ad is CPC. You get paid anywhere from 20 cents to a buck for a non pop up banner add for a thousand impressions. I would go with googles CPC ad program.

DO you mean recommendations for a program, or for the type, becase unless you are getting more than 3 thousand impressions a week, the better CPM programs wont accept you in the first place.

deathdemon321 said:
CPC is cost-per-click...

CPM is cost-per-Impression..... (I forget what the M stands for I think its french or something...)

So clicked a google ad is CPC. You get paid anywhere from 20 cents to a buck for a non pop up banner add for a thousand impressions. I would go with googles CPC ad program.

I know where I can get thousands of Impressions, what programme does CPM, sorry for butting into your thread Shrekonline :(

Fastclick does, as does casalemedia and tribalfusion. I only use CPC programs for my websites as I get less than 25 uniques a day. I would look at the other threads asking for CPM programs here, lots of people have posted their preferances and their reviews on CPM programs.

CPC are good for targeted ads such as those delivered by Google AdSense. These ads are relevant to the content of web page and useful for targeted audience. Click through rates are usually high in these cases. In the beginning, I think you should go for CPC program. :classic2:
CPM stands cost per Impression ("M" is the Roman Numeral for one thousand). It means cost per thousand impresions. I would suggest when you will get high traffic then consider about CPM method. There are good reliable and reputed CPM ad programs like Fastclick, casalemedia, tribalfusion. You should visit their site as well. :classic2:

Thanks martin_ewing. I was wondering are you allowed to change programs? Like if you were on Google Adsense's CPC program do they allow you to change to CPM? Thanks for your help everyone.

Yep Shrekonline, you can change/switch any program, just be sure to read that program's terms and condition.... like in google adsense, you can't use other text based adprogram with adsense
:)

Shrekonline said:
Thanks Mr.X, but your allowed Chitika right? And does Chitika offer CPC or CPM or both? Thanks.
Ya, you are allowed to use chitika with adsense but to be sure please check their sites & chitika is a CPC ad network. :)

Shrekonline said:
Thanks martin_ewing. I was wondering are you allowed to change programs? Like if you were on Google Adsense's CPC program do they allow you to change to CPM? Thanks for your help everyone.

You could use a banner CPM with googles adesense, and see which one works better.

Back