• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google update

They're usually about every 3 - 6 months. The last ones took place around late January and in April. The current "Google dance" is taking place as we speak.

So there's no set time then, like no webpage I can goto that says the crawl will commence in X days ??

No...the Google dance is a very private matter. :) But, it does seem to be right around every quarter.

I've got a PR related question...
I built up to a decent PR 3 on a free .co.nr domain name, and have a whole load of backlinks to it. Then, I bought the .org version of it, and as to this moment it still has a PR 0.
Is there an easy way to get the PR switched over to the other domain name, or must I change ALL the backlink pages, and wait for the next Google update?

If you are looking to use the .org domain instead of the .co.nr domain in the future, you can certainly transfer the PR, and luckily it's easy to do! :) Create a 301 HTTP-redirect from the .co.nr domain to the .org domain (your domain registrar should have a function to do this). This will tell Google that your Website has been permanently moved, so there is really no use in looking for it (and assigning PR) at the old address.

Hope that helps! :)

The next Toolbar PR update will not be for the next couple of days and if not the next couple of weeks. That's what Matt Cutts said anyway. It said he would be doubtful if it will update until them times that I have given do to an algorithm update that will be happening soon.

Back