• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Googlezon?

Nah I don't think it's possible. What they are describing about Google and MSN, they only archieve, sort, display news. We will still need the news companies to report the news. We are still going to need reporters to find the news, and writers to write the news.

But that is where the Google Grid comes in. People gather and publish their news from there. Google can always pull stuff from there. Not all the normal news groups will be lost either. Google will just control most of them.

Last edited:
Dean said:
Like Global Warming or the weather tomorrow?

If you watch the movie, understand the IT world, and read my post you will understand. Yes like the weather tomorrow

Haha, epic sounds like the Japanese news outlet...this isn't new. The Japanese newspapers pride themselves on being sensationalist.

And the NYT being read by elitists and old people...more like intelligent people. :\

Last edited:
humm, so we will be creating our own news huh?

Will we have flying shoes too? I want flying shoes in 2014

clientcenters said:
Nah I don't think it's possible. What they are describing about Google and MSN, they only archieve, sort, display news. We will still need the news companies to report the news. We are still going to need reporters to find the news, and writers to write the news.
you didn't understand the movie, did you?

that's why google buys blogger: people communicate via blogger to describe whats going on. based on demographics, priority, and frequency, algorithms sort that as the news. so, theoretically, google algorithms would find out whats going on in the world, take snipplets, and write its own news like that, completely automated, without the need of journalists. the journalists would be the blog users.

it's all completely possible.

That would be as reliable as Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore doing international news.

07-minister.jpg

stabme said:
you didn't understand the movie, did you?

that's why google buys blogger: people communicate via blogger to describe whats going on. based on demographics, priority, and frequency, algorithms sort that as the news. so, theoretically, google algorithms would find out whats going on in the world, take snipplets, and write its own news like that, completely automated, without the need of journalists. the journalists would be the blog users.

it's all completely possible.

I completely understood it. My point was that we still are going to need a "reliable" source of news; trained professionals that are under regulation to report "trustworthy" news. You can't believe everything you read in a blog. Who are you going to believe? Channel 9 news or some 14 year old kid on his weblog?

When writers write articles, it gets fact checked. When someone writes in their blog, it doesn't get fact checked. Newsrooms are funded by the network to keep that news current, factual and interesting. Bloggers arent getting paid a dime and have no incentative for reporting factual and researched news.

And where do you think those bloggers heard about that important local news anyways, on their local newschannel.

All blogging is, is a faster way to spread hearsay. That's why I don't believe that movie could ever happen in real life.

Last edited:
I think what the movie wanted to say is that
2003 = bloggers are ~12-16 yo kids
2014 = those same boggers are 23-27 yo adults

take the tsunami incident for example, say it happened in 2014. tens of thousands of asians would of written on it. googlezon searches, matches details found in several of those blog entries and writes an article.

teoretically possible, but the system could easily be abused and stuff. very unreliable.

so I say we'll still have newspapers in 10 years heh, oh and flying shoes :p

And in 2012 the United States will be only the one to have failed the test of the Kyoto Protocol due to selfish bastards and their two-lane wide SUVs and Hummers.

Mahoro said:
And in 2012 the United States will be only the one to have failed the test of the Kyoto Protocol due to selfish bastards and their two-lane wide SUVs and Hummers.
.... but, we need space to put our 2 year old child in.. :(

Back