• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Graphing calculators

lotsofissues

I need some guidance on buying a graphing calculator.

Ti-83 or Ti-89?

Im interested in a ti 89 because I've heard that it can give an advantage on the Math 2c. Is this true?

Also I am taking pre-calculus. Since the ti89 is for advanced math; are there any options that the ti89 won't have because precal is relatively simple math?

Thanks.

Go with 89. They both do the same things, but 89 does more. And plus, anything it doesnt do, you can download programs to that do do.

i have a Ti-83 which is good enough for me, the games are pretty cool as well, i have a sim city like game and some theme park one.

The 89 costs more than the 83+.

For all intensive purposes the 83+ silver edition would be a good bet. There isnt really a whole lot of difference between the two, though.

I have the TI-83 Plus Silver Edition. It was a good deal considering it came with some useful apps and with the graphlink that lets you download programs from the computer to the calculator. And it was great for precal, most of the extra features in the TI-89 you probably wont need for precal.

Get a TI-86.

You can download programs for it; the TI-Link costs around $20, I got mine at Best Buy.

You can use this calculator on the SAT and ACT, however I don't remember if the TI=-89 is outlawed. I believe TI-9X series are...

BUT, if you're planning on taking calculus anytime soon.. Find a HP-48G .. I'm looking for one. Those are the bomb if you have the right programs for it! It kicks my TI's math properties any day! (did I mention I love reverse polish notation? heheh)

Well thanks guys.

I've decided to be a cheap ---. The benefits of ti-89 doesn't seem that great. Found a ti-83 off yahoo shopping for $79. Can anyone think of a cheaper place?

Back