• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Have Banners Been Effective for You?

HQHost.net

I've read a lot that banner advertizing isn't taken seriously by the majority of mainstream advertizers, but still can't give up completely the idea of using banners and experimenting with then. I don't have a lot to be proud of - I mean one one banner can perform better than another, but I've never been happy with either performance.
So I wonder if you use banner advertizing and how successful this is in your case.
Can you share any good sites and blogs with tips how to improve banners performance.
What's considered to be a good CTR?

Do you want to advertise about your company ? or you want to release other company advertisement in your sites? If you want to advertise your company lot of options are there try adbrite or bidvertiser.

Banners advertisements are bit costly and always have less impact

Right, banner advertisement may be helpful for getting traffic if placed on heavy traffic website related to your niche, though you will have to pay good value for them. You can try Google Adwords if you have good budget ;)
You can also try SEO friendly text links which would also help you for better ranking ;)

Do you want to advertise about your company ? or you want to release other company advertisement in your sites? If you want to advertise your company lot of options are there try adbrite or bidvertiser.

Banners advertisements are bit costly and always have less impact

Can you dwell more on adbrite or bidvertiser adverizing options?

I've always had better luck with straight text links. Banners are just ignored these days - it's kind of like direct mail.

TSO, any tips on where to exchange links with other companies?

I've always found forums are a good place to connect with others who wish to exchange lnks. DP, here at FWS, WHT, etc...there are lots of forums where webmasters hang out. :)

Back