• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Heck, rate my site.

On a scale of 1-5, what would u rat the site?

Votes: 13 76.5%

Votes: 3 17.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by R. K. Raja

Anything other than Paint will do :D
That's not exactly what I asked about. First, it's just a statement of the obvious. Second, there are worse things than paint out there. Third, I'm too broke to pay for something good.

Well, download a free trial version of a professional program. At least it's still better than Paint. And yes, Paint is the worst graphics designer out there.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Well, download a free trial version of a professional program. At least it's still better than Paint. And yes, Paint is the worst graphics designer out there.

Yep.

This may sound silly but about half of the graphics I do are done in MS Paint or with the help of it. I just use Photoshop to enhance, layering, special effects, and saving :D

Paint is easy for simple stuff

PhotoPlus=no good for me.
Sure, It's a good program, it just doesn't have the features I need. I can't use "Paste From" for example.

I don't think you get it. Of course I can paste, but not in the way I want. I can't just paste a file. I can't resize my paste afterward. I can't paste w/ a transparent background (if I could, it wouldn't matter.). Besides, I have to pay to use gifs? I could just use paint for that. And it would be much easier too.

paint is old w/ very little capacities
i remembering using it since the days of windows 3.0

u r better off w/ psp or photoshop

Graphics won't do you good without a solid design or a firm grasp on HTML...seriously, it looks like something that came out of Trellix or something like that. I'd be pretty bold to validate that page through W3.

NerdWarrior: You can always add plug-ins to the full Photoshop...if you're not willing to pay, your site's not going to improve.

I don't think a Photoshop plug-in is gonna have "Paste-From"
And remember, my operating budget is $0.00. I don't have enough money for crap like that. Screw it. There are comics that used a free host that are immensely popular. For instance, Farmboy.

Originally posted by NerdWarrior
I don't think a Photoshop plug-in is gonna have "Paste-From"
And remember, my operating budget is $0.00. I don't have enough money for crap like that. Screw it. There are comics that used a free host that are immensely popular. For instance, Farmboy.
If you thinks its crap then your site will be crap too. Simple.

why get psp? I have PhotoPlus (or whatever) for touchups, if necessary. Paint is easy to use, and it suits my needs. Do you get things that don't suit your needs?

Paint is for child's play...honestly, a comic artist should not be using paint. Suiting your needs is one thing, serving an aesthetically pleasing page is another.

FYI, Nerdwarrior, go to www.keenspace.com. I believe they still allow artists to sign up for free "unlimited" space there. They do have archiving software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back