• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[help]Free Domain

hallow all,
i need a free domain. not a subdomain.

like .tk or other.
but i need a special offer from the domain. that is i can use dns entry. i think you all could understand. i dont want url redirecting. i need the dns entry. i wish you all will help me to find.

thanks to you all. thanks in advance.

i know u gotta get the plugin but it doesnt take long to download and i have checked it thoroughly to see if it has any spyware or of another kind but it doesnt have none of those so its legit software. Think abt it the top level domains are FREE

Yes, BUT IT IS USELESS. User's aren't gonna wanna download the software just to see a domain. It's stupid and useless. Don't even bother arguing that fact.

Regards,

dotWORLDS

Hi

We picked up your thread on our stats page and hope you will allow us to take this opportunity to respond to Grim Reaper on your forum

dotWORLDS vision is based on the fact that we feel the current domain name situation to be a bit of a mess. Internet users are unable to find relevant, interesting domain names, and TLD extensions are limited, to say the least. We have found a way around this problem. Our solution provides Internet users with the ability to provide specific content bound to relevant domain names, providing a much greater degree of cohesion between the two. Why should you have to type in http:///www.geocities.com/ILikecoffee/index.htm when you could use www.coffee.usa to access this same content, or to be even more relevant and useful on a regional or local basis, use www.coffee.texas (not real links, only examples).

This means that we can offer a variety of content through highly descriptive domains. To access this content, users can download a free plug-in. Users download free plug-ins every day, for Flash, Macromedia, Wild Tangent and other content on the web, enhancing their browsing experience. Taking this a step further, to access AOL's enhanced content, not only do you have to download their free software (a rather time-consuming task in itself, apart from the modification made to your computer), but you have to pay to see it. There is no charge for content on dotWORLDS domains.

This type of domain can also be used for community-building, for creating relationships (an important facet of business marketing) and a number of other ends. It can be used by professionals, individuals and organizations. It can be fun, serious or anywhere in between.

We must take issue with your comments - it may not work in exactly the same way as other .com or .net sites do, but it does indeed work. If anyone believes that creativity is "senseless" in an attempt to provide the Internet public with greater choice and flexibility, we must disagree in the strongest terms. The Internet itself is a piece of creative genius! A tiny change in attitude among end-users and domain owners may be required, but this is nothing unheard of. We are simply uniting domain names with enhanced content and relevancy, using our plug-in as a bridge between these concepts. Have you never downloaded Acrobat Reader software in order to be able to read something of interest to you written in .pdf format? Why not a dotWORLDS plug-in, when there is interesting content on a dotWORLDS domain? We understand that not everyone may be prepared yet to take this step, but many are, and have already done so.

Our own members have started creating exclusive areas on their .com websites that are only accessible using our plug-in. Some are duplicating their websites under .com and .usa domains. This clearly shows that there is inherent value here, and there is an opportunity here too. However, we accept that our products and services must move forward, must develop and become easier to use and implement. We are a young company that intends to be around for a very long time, and step by step we are growing and improving. Recently dotWORLDS has introduced free and unlimited email with all its domains. This email is truly spam-free and does not require plug in to use

Finally, if everybody hid from innovation and dismissed new ideas as cranky, the very first users of the internet would not have bothered to buy what were then horrendously expensive computers, buy complex software, load software and then learn how to use it, buy a modem, get an extra phone line,configure their computers to access, subscribe to an ISP...... just so they could visit the first websites......when they could have easily saved all that "unneccesary" expense and time by just picking up the phone.

With dotWORLDS case you don't even have to buy to try as you can do so for free.

Thanks for allowing us this opportunity to post.

Kind Regards

dotWORLDS
www.dotworlds.net

Last edited:
I understand your reason for forcing to download the plug-in, but for some of us it's a hassle, as much as downloaded a spyware or adware without our consent, and we don't need anything unnecessary.

I had an essay length reply, but I accidently exited the tab. This was like...hours ago. I didn't feel like typing it out. Maybe tommorow or something ;/

Regards,

I understand your reason for forcing to download the plug-in, but for some of us it's a hassle, as much as downloaded a spyware or adware without our consent, and we don't need anything unnecessary.

We do accept that this system may not be for everybody at the moment, but perhaps the argument that 6-7 billion people around the world cannot immediately see a website will not make much difference if 99.9999999...% of earth's inhabitants etc are never even going to hear about/know about joe smith's family photos in Coney Island - however, joe smith's family (and those who actually do want to see his site) are far more likely to remember www.joe.smith than something like www.geocities.com/joesmith/holidayphotos.htm

Also please remember that the spam-free email that comes free with all these domain names does NOT require a plugin to use,

Thanks

Last edited:
Back