• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help me!!!

ragi baba

Hi guys,

I need help. I need a good web host where I can upload lots of large RAR files with at least 100mb, but preferebly more. I also need to be able to upload through FTP.

I looked everywhere but couldn't find :(

Thank you,
Ragi Baba.

Sounds like a warez site to me... Hmmm... I don't think any hosts actually ALLOW warez.

Put yourself in your hosts mind... would you give someone tons of space to put .rar files...

You wont find any host (unless they Pirate themeselves) that will tolerate that...so you can stop looking...

Why?

Why do you all get the impression that it's a warez site???

All I wanted is to put some backups for my important files I have on my PC.
I can use ZIP, or ARJ, doesn't really matter.

Originally posted by jvv
And why are you using .rar files ?

rar have tighter compression than zip files do.

Originally posted by ragi baba

Hmm, if you wanna backup files why not use a place like iDrive, Driveway, mySpace, X|Drive, etc. There's even a list on this site....

Say all you want, I still think that this person is making a warez site.

Re: Why?

Let me get this straight, you have 100's of Mbs of important files on your computer that you want to compress and save online? Doesn't anyone else see how stupid a scenario that is...

Unless you were involved in autoCADing the new 747, there is know way you have that many files...

Here is an idea...buy a zip disk then...

I think there is no host that allows file archives in general as they cost more bandwidth than they bring in.

Even pay hosts don't like file archives, cos when they offer generous bandwidth, they gamble on the fact that you're not actually gonna use it all up, if you have a file archive, chances are you will.

If all you want is to backup files use IDrive or one of the file storage servers. That's what they are for.

Host

why dont you pay for a high speed connection and run your own webserver off your windows computer. there are plenty of free webserver apps for windows. although most isps wont allow you to do that its not wrong unless you get caught which you probably will. or how about paying $10 a month for a host.

I agree. Or even better, install a free linux! In that case you'll be fully responsible for any legal repercussions.

Back