• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help with my monitor...

nightcrawler

There is some prolem in my monitor. I'm not getting the picture expanded all over my computer. The monitor is now at a resolution of 800 x 640, no prblem in drivers, and it is model 56v samtron monitor (Samsung's).

I'm getting blackspace on both left and right sides for about 1cm and the picture is shown from there. When i take a screenshot of my desktop using [PrintScreen], i'm unable to get the black space captured in the screenshot. Can any one help me? It worked for over 1 year and this problem started 1 week ago.

Erm...isn't that black space normal? :confused2:
I've always had black space on the top, bottom and sides of my monitors.

Originally posted by notnamed
Erm...isn't that black space normal? :confused2:
I've always had black space on the top, bottom and sides of my monitors.
It will depends on the kind of monitor you have. If the manufacturer wants to be cheaper they'll take a 17" tube and sell it as a 17" monitor but you'd still lose the sides so maybe end up with 16" or 16.5". A 'true' 17" monitor would have a tube that extends a little beyond the covering giving you a full 17" image without black end.

Originally posted by CareBear
It will depends on the kind of monitor you have. If the manufacturer wants to be cheaper they'll take a 17" tube and sell it as a 17" monitor but you'd still lose the sides so maybe end up with 16" or 16.5". A 'true' 17" monitor would have a tube that extends a little beyond the covering giving you a full 17" image without black end.
I thought all LCDs and CRTs have them...

old crt dont have black borders
new flat screen crt's (if they are Really flat) MUST have a 0.5-1.0cm black border around the image.

lcd's don't have any borders at all

Back