• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host from which country is the best

jannat

Today internet is so popular and borderless, people do business worldwide and hosting company comes from many countries. As we know US company are expanding and open up data centre Indian, China, Malaysia and Singapore to capture the new growing market. Frankly speaking cost in these countries is much lower and hosting company is making good income if they offer the same rate as US counterpart. They still make good money if the offer the same price as US counterpart.

Let see the opinion from members, which country is your preferred choice and why?

thanks

depends on your client base. There is no way I am going to throw a server in singapore if my clients are local just to save a few bucks

Hi,
The best thing is to host in a country where visitors are coming from. However if you have a international site I'd recommend to have it on a US server. Also one should keep in mind that Search Engines give value to geographical location for local searches, as a example if your site is in a UK server and if you move it to a US server you could experience a drop in UK SE (search Engine) visitors.
silvermoon

The country where the majority of your clients are, at the moment I would say the best place is the US. I base this on some statistics on webhosting.info.

jannat said:
Today internet is so popular and borderless, people do business worldwide and hosting company comes from many countries. As we know US company are expanding and open up data centre Indian, China, Malaysia and Singapore to capture the new growing market. Frankly speaking cost in these countries is much lower and hosting company is making good income if they offer the same rate as US counterpart. They still make good money if the offer the same price as US counterpart.

Let see the opinion from members, which country is your preferred choice and why?

thanks

Actually datacenter space in Singapore is very expensive :spider:

I am based in Ireland, but the bulk of our clients are in the States, so we host from Cali.

Best Host

The quality service provider is always considered the best, they may be from any country. Though considering experiences, US still in the best.

jasontd101 said:
The quality service provider is always considered the best, they may be from any country. Though considering experiences, US still in the best.

I beg to differ, I think the UK is best due to its central location.

no place in the world is technically central except for maybe the south or north pole. The only "best" place is where you client base is from. All my clients are us based with the occasional european so there is no reason for us to have a server in europe or wherever because it is central.

like everything, there is no best only what is best for you

yeah but you can't exactly buy a datacenter at wal-mart, it takes loads of research, time and money to create a proper datacenter

Craig said:
I beg to differ, I think the UK is best due to its central location.
any country can be considered central depending on what country you are located in. i prefer the US becuase my company is in the US, and it is easiest to get clients when they arent over seas, IMO that is. most of my clients come from the US, so i will keep my hosting here. :D

Depending on what you want to do, buying multiple dedicated servers might be a lot cheaper and more efficient than creating your own datacenter.

Back