• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

host recommendations

Roger

I need a reasonable, reliable host. My requirements are perl, cgi-bin, ssi, ftp, multiple domains and sub-domains, min 500 mb storage and 15 or 20 gigs of bw. I have one host I've been with for awhile, and a brandnew one that I'm gonna have to leave. Any recommendations or advice greatly appreciated. By the way, the host I'm leaving seems ok except I can't get my cgi scripts working and I'm convinced the problem is at the host.
Thanks
Roger

reliable host

Thanks everyone. I'm looking at the suggested one tonight and will more than likely settle on one of them.
Roger

Hello,

It really depends on how much you are willing to pay. Both Myacen and HTTPME charge an arm and a leg even though they have been in numerous top lists...

So really it comes down to... how large is your pocket.

Originally posted by Arvand
It really depends on how much you are willing to pay. Both Myacen and HTTPME charge an arm and a leg even though they have been in numerous top lists...
Arvand, when you have an established business, you might need to charge more for hosting too, to pay for the extra support staff. These guys have worked hard to get where they are and are well respected hosts. That can't be said for too many.

Hello,

So really it comes down to... how large is your pocket.

With price comes quality. They are well established and they are trustworthy, the little extra costs lets the user know that they are well taken of.

Hello,

To Jan: It certainly doesn't have to be that way. HostMatix.com has beaten both those sites on numerous reviews and top lists. Yet, their prices stay lower. Its true those hosts provide good hosting but the extra cost is just helping their profit margin not their customers.

To Robert: I know this. I am active in WHT so I know what these guys are capable of. Note that I never mentioned that they were poor quality. However, if someone asks for opinions on host then I feel I should give my opinion on it also.

Hello,

To Jan: It certainly doesn't have to be that way. HostMatix.com has beaten both those sites on numerous reviews and top lists. Yet, their prices stay lower. Its true those hosts provide good hosting but the extra cost is just helping their profit margin not their customers.

To Robert: I know this. I am active in WHT so I know what these guys are capable of. Note that I never mentioned that they were poor quality. However, if someone asks for opinions on host then I feel I should give my opinion on it also.

HostMatrix provides poor service, horrible support and has very bad reviews. I cannot see how oyu could say that they have beaten both sites.

<Please read the rules>

Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions/suggestions/recommendations on which host to choose.

Originally posted by Eno
<Please read the rules>

Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions/suggestions/recommendations on which host to choose.

I don't think anyone in this thread has not been giving recommendation. All this debate will benefit the person who started this post....

Back