• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting location?

Andrej

I wonder if my sites will load faster in the US if I host them on a server in the US? Currently I host them in the UK, but most of my visitors are from the US. So do you guys think I should move to a US located host? Or there is absulety no difference in the loading speed no matter where the server is located?

OK, thank you for your reply. So I'm going to move my sites to a US located hosting.

And how much faster will the site load in the US then? 1 second?

You can never be sure, things matter about the bandwidth providers, they are using, there average speeds, and if your ISP has a route to that server directly it will go faster.

I know sometimes a person in the UK (in games) has a better ping to a US server then a US member.

So speeds are something that 50% of the time will either never change, or be to small to notice.

Completely agree, load times have so many variables factored into it its hard to say whether or not you will see a noticeable change. But as LS said it also depends on what type of server etc you wish to have. If its normal shared hosting then i would venture to say yes yo should get faster load times, just be sure to check who the bandwith providers are etc before you decide.

Its not really worth the waste in time, Unless your running busniess sites that need super low ping...
Even 400ms ping loads pretty quick.
Years ago it would of ment alot more than it does now :p

Back