• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostingDepartment & Servage is One??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FraudCop

:shame: I just noticed that most of the HostingDepartment Testimonials are the same as the Servage Testimonials? Are you just one company? Or did one of you copied each others customer's testimonial which is unprofessional :spider:

HostingDepartment Testimonials - http://www.hostingdepartment.net/testimonials.html

Servage Testimonials - http://www.servage.net/page/about_testimonials/

Sample copies of copied testimonials a few of the many...

Servage
"Patricia, thank you for your help in setting this up. Your help is very much appreciated and were a pleasure to comunicate with. Your outstanding help is just another reason why servage is a superior to your competetion.

thank you again!"

Jerrold,
United States

HostingDepartment
"Patricia, thank you for your help in setting this up. Your help is very much appreciated and were a pleasure to communicate with. Your outstanding help is just another reason why hosting department is a superior to your competition.

thank you again!"

Jerry,
United States

-------

Servage
"I've only been with Servage for a week, but am I ever impressed! The speeds are great, and all the features are amazing!

Thank you so much!"

M. Dryden,
Canada

HostingDepartment
"I've only been with hosting department for a week, but am I ever impressed! The speeds are great, and all the features are amazing!

Thank you so much!"

Dryden,
Canada

-------
Servage
"Thanks!!! I can already tell you are way better than my other (old!!)
webhost.. they haven't replied to my email about their facilities
being down for 6 days. So I left!"

Nick,
United States

HostingDepartment
"Thanks!!! I can already tell you are way better than my other (old!!)
webhost.. they haven't replied to my email about their facilities
being down for 6 days. So I left!"

Nick,
United States

Well that is only a few of the many, if you can notice they just change their names and company name.. Thats a shame! see if for yourselves visit their websites. So who's the genuine one? Who copied the other's testimonials. I just want to point this out because it is unprofessional for a hosting provider to MAKE UP or COPY others testimonials. That is like lying infront of your customers and visitors... All I can say is Servage has been around longer than HostingDepartment. I hope the moderators will consider this post as legit because people needs to know about these unprofessional hosts. :devious2: :shame:

Thank you

Why would anyone sit there and compare testimonials? :lol:

Anyway, I agree that copying testimonials is a dirty trick but I actually see no use for them, as a client I would never trust a testimonial, you should do research on your own and look at review posted at forums like this.

Yellowmc said:
Why would anyone sit there and compare testimonials? :lol:

Anyway, I agree that copying testimonials is a dirty trick but I actually see no use for them, as a client I would never trust a testimonial, you should do research on your own and look at review posted at forums like this.

Yes, they should have at least post their url of their hosted site. Maybe both hosting companies copied those testimonials somewhere else.. who knows.. :lol: its obvious some hosting companies do this when they dont have a customer at all... sad ...

its obvious some hosting companies do this when they dont have a customer at all... sad ...
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Both of these companies/hosts have a huge client database, much more than I'm sure your imagining right now. And if you are stupid enough to base your decision soley on testimonials (or at all) then you deserve to be fooled.

X3r0X said:
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Both of these companies/hosts have a huge client database, much more than I'm sure your imagining right now. And if you are stupid enough to base your decision soley on testimonials (or at all) then you deserve to be fooled.

I said "some" . I am not saying we should or I am basing my decision solely on testimonials. I dont! But some potential newbie customers with no clue might! What I am trying to show is the unacceptable acts of these unprofessional hosts and it should be made known to everyone.

And if both of them have "a huge client database much more than I am imagining right now" then they should get their legitimate testimonials from them with their hosted url posted too.

X3r0X said:

It is ridicules to compare servages client base to hostingdepartment

Duport said:
It is ridicules to compare servages client base to hostingdepartment

I agree! And honestly I think HostingDepartment copied Servages. We should get Craig to explain this.

All testimonials are true to there word, given by real members. I cannot explain your questions as I dont have the answers. The testimonials will stay there hence there real & I shall have one of our staff contact the other host in question. I would like to thank FraudCop for bring this to our attention.

Regards to the URLS, we have a privacy policy, some clients dont want people to know what there domain is, if you where a reseller would you want people to know that your a reseller? we would like to put the URLS there but we have to respect our clients privacy.

@ DP: Its ridicules for you to think that, only if you knew!.

Last edited:
Craig said:
@ DP: Its ridicules for you to think that, only if you knew!.

If only I only new what?

Yellowmc said:
HD has a much better reputation than Servage so I know which one I would trust!

Servage has a good background history. It is very common for such large providers to have a number of bad comments

Duport said:
If only I only new what?

Thats something I cant disclose but your very wrong. You seem to like a pop all the time. I think its about time me & you had a chat, you may expect a call from me. I will have my secretary arrange a convenient time.

Last edited:
Duport said:
Servage has a good background history. It is very common for such large providers to have a number of bad comments

Every single review I have ever read about Servage has been a bad one.

FraudCop said:
:shame: I just noticed that most of the HostingDepartment Testimonials are the same as the Servage Testimonials? Are you just one company? Or did one of you copied each others customer's testimonial which is unprofessional :spider:

HostingDepartment Testimonials - http://www.hostingdepartment.net/testimonials.html

Servage Testimonials - http://www.servage.net/page/about_testimonials/

Sample copies of copied testimonials a few of the many...

Well that is only a few of the many, if you can notice they just change their names and company name.. Thats a shame! see if for yourselves visit their websites. So who's the genuine one? Who copied the other's testimonials. I just want to point this out because it is unprofessional for a hosting provider to MAKE UP or COPY others testimonials. That is like lying infront of your customers and visitors... All I can say is Servage has been around longer than HostingDepartment. I hope the moderators will consider this post as legit because people needs to know about these unprofessional hosts. :devious2: :shame:

Thank you

Well,

One of them (at least) is using false testimonials for sure, would like to see which one pirate2

Every single review I have ever read about Servage has been a bad one.
To my sincere surprise, I've read quite a few positive ones.

Anyway, back to the metter at hand, a few odd things are:

1. The Servage reviews contain surnames for most of the reviews. And they actually match the nationalities.

2. http://whois.domaintools.com/hostingdepartment.net -> Created: 2005-10-16. That's October 2005.

Now, from http://hostingdepartment.net/testimonials.html

"Thank you hosting department. I'm very grateful for the service you provide."

United States,
Bill

From http://web.archive.org/web/20050206202448/www.servage.net/page/about_testimonials/
"I'd just like to thank you for the remarkable work you've done, and for getting everything up so fast.

Servage is by far the best hosting expierience I've expierienced in quite a while, and you can't imagine the relief it brings me to know that I have such a great, supportive, helping, caring host. Other hosts really dont care about the customers, they just want the money...not with servage. I feel such a kind energy from your staff when contacting me about my questions.

So once again, Thank you servage. I'm very greatful for the service you provide."

United States,
Bill Cessna

That's from a Servage testimonials page archived by archive.org back in February 2005.

So... I can only draw one conclusion unless somehow more information can debunk my demonstration.

Again, these are OUR testimonials given by our clients, nothing more nothing less. The testimonials will stay on our site as there from our members, think what you like... I will not continue discussing this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back