• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hostnit's scam/betrayal, lol.

i have had free hosting since 2012, lol. they've been good in the past, now they suspend my account, and try to make up some epic BS of never having provided free hosting, lmao

beware of today's hostnit, they betray their peeps

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/...-transfer-no-server-limits!&highlight=hostnit

[hide]

View Ticket #995768
suspended?
Submitted
03/22/2014 02:57
Department
Support
Priority
Medium
Status
Customer-Reply

03/22/2014 23:01
Dale Rutledge || Client
shame on that mess, lol.

hostnit used to be good, i guess hostnit wants to play games, o well.
03/22/2014 22:42
Jeff Neils || Staff
Sorry, there are no backups available.

Thanks,
Jeff Neils
www.hostnit.com
How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent
03/22/2014 22:41
Dale Rutledge || Client
you guys have always provided free hosting, lol. can i atleast get an archive backup of my site? lol
03/22/2014 20:56
Jeff Neils || Staff
Hi,

We do not provide Free Hosting, not have we ever did. Our system filtered your account out.
You can take a look @ some of out plans if you'd like hosting.

Thanks,
Jeff Neils
www.hostnit.com
03/22/2014 15:36
Dale Rutledge || Client
wavin, thanks for the reply, lol

hostnit has always been a great host, i hope things havent changed so much that free hostnitters are being dumped :eek:

i'll be standing by :) ty for the response :)
03/22/2014 04:06
Host NIT Support & Sales || Staff
Hello,

This is just to let you know that, we have received your request, and I am forwarding the same to concern department admins, who will review the request and will get back to you very soon. Please standby for further update.

Kind Regards,
Kevin
Technical and Sales Rep
www.hostnit.com
03/22/2014 03:00
Dale Rutledge || Client
lol, just seen the reason, it says i need to pay, but this is a free hosting account, can you guys fix it please?

03/22/2014 02:57
Dale Rutledge || Client
Hi there, just wondering why my site is suspended?[/hide]

Sorry to hear of your problems, but if you really need your data, wouldn't it be best to just pay then take a backup when you get access again?

[JSH]John;1184029 said:
Sorry to hear of your problems, but if you really need your data, wouldn't it be best to just pay then take a backup when you get access again?

I agree. When precious data is involved, do not stand on principles, do whatever you must to retrieve your data!
And let this be a lesson learned. No backups = Stupid Idea.

That's terrible news.

Have you found anyone else that this has happened to? Maybe you could get some evidence of it and take it up with whoever is in charge. But like the other said, make sure you get your data backed up first, then maybe push the item further. I mean, if it happened to you, it will most likely have happened to others.

And not to sound rude or anything, but maybe using a few less "lol"s in your messages will help get the point across. I've worked in quite a few HR/Customer Service positions and I know that people (including myself) in those situations respond better and are more willing to help people who are professional and provide clear evidence of the problem. It's just my recommendation. Hope you've gotten the problem solved or are well on your way to doing so.

Back