• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostRocket Free Web Hosting

HRBrendan

http://free.hostrocket.com

HostRocket free web hosting is perfect for getting your online presence up and running fast and free. All free accounts feature the following:

FREE yoursite.hostrocket.com
FREE 25MB File Storage
FREE 2GB Data Transfer
FREE Web-Based Control Panel
FREE 24/7 FTP Access
FREE POP3 E-mail & WebMail
FREE Fast, Friendly Tech Support
INSTANT ACCOUNT ACTIVATION

There are NO BANNERS and NO POP-UPS displayed while your users are on your site at any time.

Selecting your web hosting provider is one of the most important steps in having a successful website. It is important that the webhost and hosting plan that you pick not only meets the current demands for your site, but also allows for future growth.

http://free.hostrocket.com

uuhu, hostrocket.com is a quite big hosting company and if am not mistaken , one of the hosting reviewing site has interview the founder b4.

The URLs are subdomains - domains don't seem to be supported - for those that are wondering (just a FYI, not a criticism).

Originally posted by velton
uuhu, hostrocket.com is a quite big hosting company and if am not mistaken , one of the hosting reviewing site has interview the founder b4.

The guy who posted that Post is the owner of HostRocket.

No offence, hostrocket.com had made a very good job of hiding the adddress to its ftp server. :D

If you type the link given to you in the welcome email sent by hostrocket.com to reach the Control Panel, the "ftp manager" is disabled. This led me to believe that ftp access is not allowed even though it was stated that there will be, "FREE 24/7 FTP Access"

What you should do now is not panic and cancel the account. ;)

Look at the welcome email given by hostrocket.com. Locate the area where they say something similar, "IP address" for your account.

This IS your FTP address. So, open up your the ftp program and enter in the server address which is also your IP address.

Don't enter something like,"ftp.hostrocket.com" - This WON'T WORK.

I hopes this help. :)

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Wow! Great to hear that professional paid hosts are starting to offer free plans in order to promote their service. :)

yea, its good and sound cool. . cause its was professional hosts, they wont going down suddenlly ..

hmm...it seems that the free hosting at hostrocket.com doesn't provide free POP3 email service. However, i have sent them a trouble ticket and we shall know the real answer soon. ;)

Hiya, i had promised to give ya an answer whether POP email service is support in the free hosting and here's the reply:

Hi,

I'm sorry, that was a typo on the free.hostrocket.com page.
It was overlooked by the person who created the site and I
apologize for any confusion. Our free hosting accounts do
not offer e-mail server.

Graham McMillan
HostRocket Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by wysardry
Considering there's no mention of Perl, PHP, ASP or any other server side language, offering MySQL would be kind of pointless. ;)

As for this, i have hosted a website using their free service and have confirm that PHP IS SUPPORTED in their free hosting.

However, i'm not so sure about Perl and ASP. But, their customer service, FAQ and the forum should answer your question very fast.

I got a reply from their Customer Service Officier within 3 Days after i sent a trouble ticket to them.

For Mysql, get it from www.unlimited-sql.com. They are currently the fastest and the best till now. ;)

I'll see what I can do about those links, because they flash its kinda a pain to get fixed. You can reach all of the same links from the flash at the top of the main site hostrocket.com

-Brendan

Back