• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosts - Watch Out For This Fraudster!

[JSH]John

JSHosts.com
NLC
I thought it was best to warn other hosts of this fraudster that thinks it's ok to order hosting and a domain, but not pay.

The fraudster ordered our basic hosting package, chose to pay yearly which includes a free domain as our special offer for yearly clients. They attempted to pay using a credit card which came back to us as fraud/cancelled.

Unfortunately for me, I had already registered their domain and set up their hosting account once I received an email from 2Checkout saying that I had received a payment. So I'm now stuck with a domain that I'll never use, and I was stupid enough to register it without thinking twice... I wasn't feeling too great that day I registered it so there's my excuse.

Anyways, on to the information.

Signup Email: npurduedj@gmail.com
Signup Username: rwmednet

Because this is a public forum, I'm not really sure if it would be suitable to just post all their information here, so if you need more information, feel free to send me a PM or if you have me on MSN, you can ask for more information there.

I remember seeing a user on here that started a fraud site, I've been looking around for it so that I can share the information with them, or see what they can do... if you know the site, please let me know, if you work for the site and can help in any way, please contact me.

Back in the day when I ran my own business I had a customer try to make a purchase 33 times with different credit cards every time. I reported it and had to fax all 33 pages to the Secret Service.

Accepting credit cards in any business is risky, doing it online adds to the risks. You can only do so many things to protect yourself. CCV, Address Verification, and others can help. Just be as cautious as you can.

I'll definately be a lot more wary when accepting credit card payments now. The thing I found strange the next day is that they attempted to login to their account via SSH from Vietnam. Their signup address was somewhere in the USA.

Proxy? TOR? JAP?

You should dissble all known proxy networks for account-signups. Its not easy, but its possible to bann the most of them.

Dont worry John, it happens, 2co are bad for chargebacks and you never win them.

Everyone is bad when it comes to Chargebacks. Because chargeback is done by Credit Card companies, not processors and processors, like 2CO and Paypal, are just helpless about it.

Everyone is bad when it comes to Chargebacks. Because chargeback is done by Credit Card companies, not processors and processors, like 2CO and Paypal, are just helpless about it.
With paypal
If you file a chargeback and dont go through paypal to do it they wont allow you to use there service anymore...
Anyway I say ---- fraud, Make your TOS allow to posting of fraud order info, Then post it everwhere publicy.. Lets all fight against it :knockedou

Thanks for the alert.

Did the user happen to contact you to see why the account was not setup? Do you have an IP?

Heh.. if I listed how many hundreds of these we have in a month you guys would get tired of me posting.

Thanks for the heads up.. But if you registered the domain within 48 hours enom will allow you to cancel the registration and be refunded. Not sure who you resell for.

Thanks for that info serverorigin, I wasn't sure if domains could be cancelled but I'll look into it incase it ever happens again.

Unfortunately for me, I had already registered their domain and set up their hosting account once I received an email from 2Checkout saying that I had received a payment. So I'm now stuck with a domain that I'll never use, and I was stupid enough to register it without thinking twice... I wasn't feeling too great that day I registered it so there's my excuse.
I think that the bad was yours anyway. Never create account for the people untill the payment approved by your payment system. I think that also you have to recheck such possible fraud offers yourself.

Yes, I already had said that I made a bad decision. :p It definately was a fraud credit card that was used since the client never got back to any of the emails sent.

Back