• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HOSTULTRA, illegal act by HOSTULTRA (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The solution...

Let me introduce you to a powerful program that I found on the internet and has been using it for a long time.
http://proxomitron.cjb.net/

It will prevent ALL popups from appearing if you don't want them to. It can even DISABLE javascript for selected sites.

That should settle the problem. Advice your visitors to use it as well. It's FREEWARE.

Ryan

Re: The solution...

Originally posted by rtsoftware
Let me introduce you to a powerful program that I found on the internet and has been using it for a long time.
http://proxomitron.cjb.net/

It will prevent ALL popups from appearing if you don't want them to. It can even DISABLE javascript for selected sites.

That should settle the problem. Advice your visitors to use it as well. It's FREEWARE.

Ryan

programs like that are the reason why many free hosts are dying and need to put lots of popups to make up for the ones who cheat the system by using that stuff

Re: Re: The solution...

Originally posted by HostUltra
programs like that are the reason why many free hosts are dying and need to put lots of popups to make up for the ones who cheat the system by using that stuff

I am not cheating the system. As the end user who visits a site, the last thing I want is to have tons of popups. I pay for my internet bills. I choose what I want to see. Unless you want to pay for my internet bills, then I will view whatever Ads you put up.

Why is it call free hosting when users have to have Ads anyway? It should be called Ads-hostings just like Ad-ridden softwares. I don't even let them come into my computer.

Last edited:
Originally posted by MN-Carl
Hello,

Its possible to set someones home page to something different WITHOUT the user knowing.

How much does Found404 pay?

It's possible, depending on yor Internet security settings. The default IE security settings (Medium) is actually not enough to prevent such malicious scripts. I've been hit once (a site changed my default homepage, and then GREYED OUT the options to change them) and I now start to use those pop-up blocker to avoid these problems in the future.

its illegal to have popups now is it?
so sue me -------
dont threaten me

if you had of done this in a civilised way i would have fixed the problem
i was changing the ads script and i accidentally uploaded the wrong file (an older backup of the old ads) to the server which caused that but its fixed now

ibfw you account is deleted and you will NOT be allowed back
ROTF LMAO

I DONT and NEVER had an account at HOSTULTRA

SHERLOCK

LMAO

reading is fundamental, why don't you try re-reading my first post

Re: Re: The solution...

Actualy, whether it is a program, or our hands clicking away a the X's as fas as we can, they get closed. :p It just does the work for you. Either way, all the pop-ups are probably not even looked at.

Re: Re: Re: The solution...

Originally posted by Joseph89Digimon

Actualy, whether it is a program, or our hands clicking away a the X's as fas as we can, they get closed. :p It just does the work for you. Either way, all the pop-ups are probably not even looked at.

it doesnt matter to me if you look at them
i get paid CPM

Re: Re: Re: The solution...

Originally posted by rtsoftware

I am not cheating the system. As the end user who visits a site, the last thing I want is to have tons of popups. I pay for my internet bills. I choose what I want to see. Unless you want to pay for my internet bills, then I will view whatever Ads you put up.

Are you paying for every website you visit? I don't think so. Your internet bills don't pay the owners of the websites you view, but the owners (and/or the host) of the websites you view still incur their costs. Either donate $1 to each of your favorite websites or endure the advertising they throw at you, that's what I say, and no, I do not use popup blockers! If you cannot go on the internet and accept the banners/popups that sites throw at you, then how can you watch television, listen to the radio, or read magazines?

It is possible to change the home page in Internet Expore with out permission of the user. I won't go over in details how it is done, but it is possible even tho Microsoft says it not. Basically it is done with cookies, since cookies can be stored on the users computer without the user permisson (unless you selceted the box to warn you about them). Since java, perl, and php can operate in the backround they (the programing languages) can change your homepage. And since they can over lap. Meaning php can produce java outputs. Perl can but not very well.

And yes THIS is illegal since it is hacking your computer. But you MUST prove the hack was made by found404. If you want to see if you have been hacked by found404 please PM me and we will talk.

I had this happen to me before. Now Jan since no one home page change except your you must either have lose java security settings or you click on yes one time. I am assuming that you have windows with Internet Explore if not then you might need to patch up your operating system or notfy your broswer promgramer or team about this.

Originally posted by jurupa
I had this happen to me before. Now Jan since no one home page change except your you must either have lose java security settings or you click on yes one time. I am assuming that you have windows with Internet Explore if not then you might need to patch up your operating system or notfy your broswer promgramer or team about this.
jurapa, I DID NOT click yes. Why would I want portal.hostultra as my start page? Why would anyone? :devious2:
And my IE settings are the same as they have always been, I shouldn't have to change them because some webmasters decide to use dirty tactics. I just did a search on another forum and the last time my start page was changed was July 15 2001. And you are forgetting that ibfw had his changed as well.

Originally posted by Jan

jurapa, I DID NOT click yes. Why would I want portal.hostultra as my start page? Why would anyone? :devious2:
And my IE settings are the same as they have always been, I shouldn't have to change them because some webmasters decide to use dirty tactics. I just did a search on another forum and the last time my start page was changed was July 15 2001. And you are forgetting that ibfw had his changed as well.

Jan ibfw did not say his homepage was changed automatically
his exact word is "forces" it to be changed
which he was refferring to the error message in the screenshot that shows an error if you click no (which i dont use anymore)
nowere did he use the word automatic

you have proven to me that it is possible to change the homepage automatically but thats not what i did i use the same code now as i always have
you did click yes at some point maybe by accident or you were clicking so fast to close the popups you missed it (i dont know why it happened) but im not using any auto homepage scripts

jurupa you dont know what your talking about to you?
php and perl scripts run on the server not on your computer :rolleyes:
and cookies cant be used to change the homepage

Originally posted by YUPAPA
WHy would you want me to download that setup.exe?

OK, and this one isn't a found 404, the ads don't show up but it keeps showing and closing on my task bar at the bottom...

http://www.yupapa.com/forums/yupa_stuff/assultra1.gif

Does your ADS company allows you to display ads like this?

that is the exit ads loader
it waits 10 seconds to see if your just moving to the next page
if you are moving to another page it just closes itself and does nothing
it 10 seconds passes then it loads the exit pops

yes im allowed to do that
its nothing special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back