• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hostway - Are they any good? Please tell me of your experience, or what you've heard

Professor Frink

Hi. I was looking at lists of top hosts, and hostway.com often comes up in te top 10. I was looking at their $15.95 gold package which offers TONS of features. Could you please tell me what you know about them, or of your experiences, or give me the address of your website hosted on their serves so I can see how fast their servers are?

Thanks!

I was hell bent on going with Hostway when i was looking for a host. But after I found out their ridiculous rates for bandwidth and the fact that you cannot have more than 5,000 files in your account, if so they charge you $9.95 a month!

I eventually went with OLM.net.. who also is rated high on most top hosts sites. And they have been great so far with great speed, nice features, and amazingly fast support.

On my opinion, most web host directories sites are dominated by money. The ranking there telling their visitors which is the best and which is not is not reliable. Most host buy their ranking there.

So, just don't trust completely on the ranking.

Just 20 bucks, believe at your own risk. :p

The truth is out there.......

Look for a link, "Advertise here", on the list sites. Often you can buy the #1 spot. I'm not sure if that's how it is with the ones you visited, but something you should check before even considering the host (as was said above).

Also, on top of what Chicken said ...

Many times it may not even be listed in the advertising because the host actually hosts the review site or has asked for a custom deal on getting a ranking.

Good luck in your search.

ok

I've a site host on hostway. This site was made for a company I previously work for.
(because I also found it on the toplist and recommended it to them) ;)

My experince is their support was really fast. :)
They can even reply your email within a few minutes.
I get the question answered and solved quickly thru email.
And, server were stable. Nice bandwidth and feature.

Well, the thing I don't like it is that they charged
$1 for every POP mail a/c when you exceed the limit of your package. This add up a few more dollars for the package.
(Hm... I should change the host that offers more POP mail..
oh well.. I didn't work there anymore.. and they hired another webmaster.. and I think they still keep their site there..)

Originally posted by Donovan
On my opinion, most web host directories sites are dominated by money. The ranking there telling their visitors which is the best and which is not is not reliable. Most host buy their ranking there.

So, just don't trust completely on the ranking.

Just 20 bucks, believe at your own risk. :p

The truth is out there.......

I Totally Agree

Their plans arent the cheapest either. I have to agree with Chicken also. Most the top sites pay to have the number 1 ranking. Hint Hint it's why CIHOST are number one on many of them.

Robert

Back