• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostWoot ending post2host (Calling Post2Host Companies)

theraptor

After 3 years, HostWoot.com is ending its post2host services for a variety of reasons, mostly lack of income from it and abusive users. Anyway, I'm compiling a list of post2host sites and opinions about them to give to our users as suggestions for them to transfer to (approx. 200 active post2host accounts). So, I'd like it if companies on here interested in possibly getting a few users to post a link to their site, a link to their plans page, and what makes them different/better. I'll be adding all the ones I would personally use to the list I am distributing. (If any established and reputable companies(at least 1-2 years old) are interested in picking up all the users, get in touch with me and i can get things setup to transfer them).

Thanks guys. :beer:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, surprised with it being Post2host only. Just curious what the abuse rate was for you?

for most of the 3 (actually its 3 years-started in may 07 under different owners and the name cancerhost) years, it wasnt any problem. its only 2010 that it started being bad (we had maybe 2 or so each year). in 2010 about 1/3 of our new signups were abusive users. it got to the point where it was hurting the server and affecting the paid users, so we had to end it.

I really don't want to just abandon all of the good people we've had, so i'm still very interested in hearing from reputable hosts.

I really don't want to just abandon all of the good people we've had, so i'm still very interested in hearing from reputable hosts.

If you mean transferring "all the good users" and not just "all users", as what is mentioned in your first post, then we maybe able to handle them. Anyway, I'm willing to accept those users you can endorse and you know have good behaviors, especially those who were users since the cancerhost ages. And last but not the least, you should first ask the users themselves if they will mutually agree to be transferred to Water Seven.

@Efil: I will add your sever to the list of options for them, the few users that have been there since cancerhost are keeping their packages as gifts.

@schmarvin, i will add your company to the list as well.

Back