• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hostyard

zz4

Anybody have experience with HostYard?

About 2-3 months ago I was attracted to it by its price and some saying its 'a good place'.

For about a month I read the messageboard there and almost every message was something nasty or very very nasty.Everybody was complaining about their service or treatment recieved or whatever.

Some seemed satisfied and I asked about the 30 day satisfaction advertised.Told I could loose nothing I subscribed for a year.

During the first 30 days the messageboard stayed nasty nasty but the biggest topic was what happened to the owner/operator !!! he simply vanished. No post as to status of HostYard or anything nor has there been to this day.

What would any logical person do? When I hit day #29 I asked the 'billing service' for a refund.

Finally after a month+ the owner/operator shows up in a messageboard looking for a free isp in las vegas,nv.I thought it was kind of funny considering HostYard is suppossedly in South Africa.

ok--I lost no money so I have nothing to be mad about except some minor frustration with the whole experience.

Of very recent I returned to the messageboard there and asked a very nice---hows HostYard going now? If it NOW had satisfied customers I was ready to sign up for one or more accounts.I saw my post getting NO REPLIES and upon checking further discovered they were being censored/deleted by owner/operator.--- and in the most nasty language. I am told I have put fiction about him on websites somewhere and nothing else.I ask where.No reply. I am baffled myself because my user name there I seldom use.(I see its the same here)

I consider myself to be the most reasonable tolerant person and I don't think I ever get in nasty stuff with people. I asked a very human being question again at HostYard and it was deleted/modified and comments added using the most foul language by the owner/operator.

I notice now the whole messageboard system there has any negative comments by anybody deleted/censored.

Is it just me? Am I the only person that has experienced bazaar stuff with this place? (I can't fully elaborate here)

Again..I consider myself one of the internet's nice people (yes..bless me?) and it is beyond me what this places problem is.It acts like a case of mental illness.

Excuse my long post.It might be just ME but I assure you I did nothing to induce this person at HostYard to go hysterical with hatred.

:confused:

Originally posted by zz4
Excuse my long post.It might be just ME but I assure you I did nothing to induce this person at HostYard to go hysterical with hatred.

Hmmm... why are posting this same message here and WebhostingTalk and who knows where else? You're starting to look like the hysterical one. After all, didn't you get your money back when you were not happy? It looks to me like you are out after your pound of flesh too.

yes..2 places

yep.....I posted 2 places...yes..I'm pissed off but don't intend to do anything but move on from a bad experience. A South Africa po.box address....only possible contact if you do have REAL problems with your site is a .nu email address.

Go look at bulletin board at http://www.hostyard.com/ now. This mental case deletes posts and ads material as if there was something offensive said.(hey...leave the original post so all can view and judge)

Go to http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ and do a search under DYLAN. You will note he pops in trying to learn how to do something but one of interesting posts was started by him about CLIENTS.What are your most irritating cliets? He jokes about every client. hey..you have a cgi-bin problem?? well..these jerk clients complain when its as simple as uploading the first perl script in binary and the rest in ascII....

YES...I do need to move on and excuse me that I have exploded over this nonsense.Even though somebody gets a refund there is still time involved... few ever think of the work of the person buying webspace vs. the work of the person selling such.

well, I've been with hostyard for a couple of months now with no complaints. There was a little bit of trouble with one of the servers for a little while there, because dylan was away and couldn't fix it, but as soon as he got back it was fixed. And I've personally had no problems at all. I dunno what you mean about the message board, but whenever I've had problems, there's always been someone, if not dylan himself, to help me out.

Granted, it isn't the greatest host on the planet, but it's very cheap, and a lifesaver to a poor highschool student like me.

So give it a break. You didn't lose any money, so why are you still so hostile about it? :confused2

There's host4students.com but they had 500 MB space with 100 MB transfer monthly :confused2

ah---I thought I'd check up on whats new...

Give http://www.hostyard.com/ a break?

I have not said one negative thing since my last post anywhere on the web.

I just went there and looked at bulletin board and its the same old crap. People complaining about things not working. Whats with the cgi? why won't perl scripts run? seems email works for nobody now....

What I learned is the owner/operator is a real __________.(did I say anything negative?) You don't have to do anything to irritate anybody or say anything and your zapped !!!

Did you know the bulletin board there is all rigged with artificial posts and deletions of anything negative? Look at dates of last posts on some subjects.Allot of activity?

What got me mad is I never liked liers.Some people are born to lie and think nothing of it. Theres still a couple posts by me..zz4 left up. Posts removed by request of my clients...o come on !!!! I know one post asked if the place was back working again with nothing inflammatory...and the other said something like ==wow=== I commented that I could not believe the whole bulletin board was rigged and censored. Why not leave my posts up as evidence of what I said?

Just to save yourself pain..get a 'real host' if you can.

I moved onto valuablehost.com and I see others are getting irritated but see any negative posts by me? I understand there are server moves and other problems but if it were hostyard there would be no admitted problems...owner/operator would be away on vacation or ? for months at a time...complain you get zapped...a p.o.box in South Africa...email contact via a .nu address.....bulletin board censored and rigged?

Another place..WorldZone..I think the place is falling to pieces.If I had a business site there I'd be screaming. 10% uptime? 2 server moves this year and both seem disasters. --- but have said nothing negative.(well...besides the above)

I've got 2 paid sites now for just personal sites..valuablehost.com and worldzonepro. I think its been a month and have not even made an attempt to edit a website at both.(up? down?) I'm guessing both places will soon be up and running fine again.(webdude..where o where are you?)

--enuff right? Maybe thats the way I get my exercise? long winded posts?

<<MOD EDIT:>>
There is nothing in the forum guidelines that says you can't discuss a host, nor reply to quests asked by another member. please don't bash people for posting.
<</MOD EDIT>>

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm??

I thought this place was supposed to be free from personal attacks? Does this place only exist to give nice reviews of every place?

I have been away and my email box showed there were replies to this post and that brought me back.

So I get the idea..don't say anything negative in relation to any host.

Am I personally attacking any posters in this group? (other than those that have financial interests here)

ok..I'll get a new life and no more comments except everything is wonderful.

ok...sorry..

Back