• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How about SoftLayer?

sep

NLC
www.softlayer.com

Anyone use them? Their prices seem very reasonable, however they seem very cheap bandwidth-wise. On their website it says that you can ugrade to a gigabit port for 10 bucks extra every month from the default 10mbits port.
Anyone got any experiences regarding them they wish to share?

I currently have 3 servers with them and they are great. Setup was fast, network is rock solid and support is pretty fast. I would give them a 9/10. :)

Very new (and not well tested yet, failure handeling etc..)
Very few Bandwidth providers.

(Don't upgrade if you don't need it, some malicious script can run through your bandwidth in a few hours)

if you are concerned with your bandwidth being exploited then they have business continuance insurance which basically means if there is an attack on your server you are not liable for bandwidth overages and abuse. A well spent $5/mo

their bandwidth providers are savvis, above.net, verio, and internap within a short period here. Very diverse blend and more than anyone could need

if you would like to save a few bucks on softlayer machines, send an email my way.

Well just got my server, the email time shows that the setup was done in 4 hours, but I was away for six hours, so ye... So far so good.

Back