• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you deal with inactive accounts?

TechDudeDan

I am going to setup a free host and I am going to use cpcreator as the client management system and wanted to know if it allows you to auto delete an account if it doesnt use so much bandwidth in a month. If not can you tell me of a free script which will allow me to do this.

I'm using cP Creator, and it doesn't let you do this... And i don't know a script that does that exactly, sorry :S

If you have a way to email your users, don't just delete their accounts. Send them special email offers, and you can at least hope to make a little money this way. After all, if they are using no disk space or bandwidth, it's not like they're costing you anything.

If you choose to go this route, just remember to have clauses in your TOS and PP that allow you to email special offers to your users.

re:

Ipanel control panel has a feature that allows you to scan for inactive accounts, I've used it here and there how ever though it does an O-K job of locating the inactive accounts. I am sure that the future builds will have improvements on detecting the inactive accounts.

Back