• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how do you deal with this? Warez/Cracks/Illegal

You are kidding yourself if you don't terminate immediately.

What, if you suspend them and then unsuspend them, you think these people will stop what they're doing and host a legitimate site?

I would also immediately terminate, and sometimes depending on the violation i'd give them a day or two to reply and the chance to remove the offending material, say if it's just something they may be storing for personal use for example (even though file storage is against our tos), if it wasn't removed or if they didn't reply then their account would be deleted.

Normally it's a zero tollerance policy, as that's the best way to go imo.

Minor offences (stuff you could do by accident) 48 hours then suspended. Once fixed reinstated with a warning.

Any warez/phishing/spamming, etc. immediate termination and hand over of all site materials to the proper authorities, including all logs referencing said offenders.

No questions asked! Ever!

Like Craig I tend to be able to sniff em out :D

This feels wierd - I see the contents of DevilsHost's post and went to reply before it appears! Email notification in case you wondered, admins and mods you should be ashamed :wink2:

So here we go :D

I've never deleted, nor has anyone working for me, the data, always stored for at least a month, 'IT' can happen and someones work can go without recovery that way, I also never charged to get it back (minus any illegal/cracking content etc.)

Terminate, dont waste your time, they only go elsewhere and try again anyway.

That is exactly what I have seen. Once the account is suspended, none have ever contacted me asking why or what to do. So I now have a Zero Policy rule where your account will be terminated without notice. However I will suspend a paid account and remove it. Any further offenses are set for immediate termination with no refund.

Back