• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you thing US President Bush is handling today's events?

How do you thing US President Bush is handling today's events?

• Doing Great

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Doing ok

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Could be better

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Horrible

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
I think that Bush is handling things the best he can. But we all need to remember that it should be justice we are seeking, not revenge.

And many people in this country are doing terrible things to Americans of Arab descent as we speak. They are being detained by cops and verbally and physically harassed by civilians. I am reminded of the US's treatment of Japanese Americans during World War II and hope that it does not come to that. Scapegoating an entire race of people is NOT COOL. We should know that by now.

It took long enough for us to overcome racism and prejudice. The last thing we need is for it to start up again. I know that the states is a country that believes in assimilation; all the citizens regardless of race or religion should be treated equally as the good americans they were supposed to turn into.

i agree totally. if it was afghani's, we cannot blame the entire race, we cannot them all for a selected group's actions.

Quite frankly, i'm afriad at the moment, i don't want war. fortunatley i will hopefully never have to go to war becuase where i live in new zealand military service is not compulsory and will never been made compulsory becuase of the large number(around 70%) of pacifists.

make love, not war

I'm really, really freaked out. I live in Baltimore, which is about 30 minutes from DC and a few hours from New York. As of this morning, we now have the biggest world trade center in the country. Not to mention one of my friends in New York is still unaccounted for. Jesus, this is scary.

so far i think hes doing a good job, but the real test will come in the following weeks, tracking down the culprits and whatever means he chooses to do so.

Originally posted by Bonesgeo
It's to early to tell. Hayama-kun hope you where'nt to close to this.
He did say that his school was only 7 blocks away from the WTC...

Originally posted by Carl
personally i think bush is a bit of a nazi. he loves war, he says that the us is a peace loving nation but yet he is saying that he will retaliate, stoop to their level and kill innocent civilians.
I would disagree. He doesn't love war but rather he had to make it clear that we would attack anyone who protects these terrorists. Assuming that Osama bin Laden was behind this the US had to make it clear that we would hold Afghanistan liable if they allow him to hide and take safe harbor in their country. It appears to have worked as they said they have taken away his means of communication and if the US can get proof that it ties back to him they would consider releasing him to us.

Afghanistan could be lying to us but intelligence would know better then anyone. Even if it's not Afghanistan the fact that they know the US will hold them liable should motivate them to turn the terrorists over to bring them to justice as president Bush has said.

I think he handled it well and it was necessary to make a point that he would not sit idly by and let those who did this get away. If you disagree with what he did please do say what you would have done instead.

If the Taliban are infact behind this, we should bomb the heck out of their government buildings, and take out their military sites. Not civilian or we won't be any better than the terrorists themselves.

Gayuwolf and Carl do you just realized what happened? If any government are behind these attacks, we should do our best to remove them. We are not going to bomb their civilians, because that will put us on the level of the terrorists but we will bomb the government and the terrorists to hell. Calling Bush a Nazi is stupid and false, because all he wants to do is go after the people who did it and only the people who did it. Learn that concept.

How can you say American intelligence will know who's behind this if they had no idea it was happening in the first place? That was a serious intelligence problem.

Originally posted by robin
How can you say American intelligence will know who's behind this if they had no idea it was happening in the first place? That was a serious intelligence problem.

Your right, but I think they knew something was up and they
should have tighten security earlier.

A girl here in my office came back from Canada Monday morning. Every car was being searched. They had what they call "Quick Searches" She was held for over 2 hours.

I don't think your right by any means. Intelligence has awesome tools at their disposal whether it be satellite photography, electronic scanning via carnivore and other means, or telephone monitoring. You can monitor these communication methods along with others all you want but if those means of communication aren't used you wouldn't detect it. Unless you want them to call Ms. Cleo for psychic help in that situation I don't think they could have possibly known what was about to come... It all depends upon the means of communication the terrorists used. Once we know that information then maybe fingers can be pointed but if your pointing fingers point them at the terrorists.

They were notified from the passengers that the plane was taken over but they didn't have time to react. The building had a solid steel structure but when you have that many pounds of jet fuel burning that hot on the structure you can't stop the attack that means either.

If you want to start blaming people I would point a finger at the airline industry for not having armed security guards on board with a locked and bulletproof door to the cockpit.

In a society like ours you can't stop these attacks. You can do your best to prevent them but where there’s a will there’s a way. The key to security is making things so difficult to do that it’s no longer worth their time or effort to try. It's the price of our freedom and the most we can do now is to bring those terrorists to justice.

There is no possible way for any government agencies in the USA to monitor all means of communication of all people. I can't even believe people would try to blame this on the government for not stopping it.

Originally posted by Todd

If you want to start blaming people I would point a finger at the airline industry for not having armed security guards on board with a locked and bulletproof door to the cockpit.

I think something like that should be done anyway... Not just for terrorist threats, but there have been incidences recently where regular passengers have gone psycho and tried to barge into the cockpit, or open a door at 30,000 feet. Planes obviously need more protection than they have now.

Originally posted by robin

The fact is this was swiftly yet carefully planned and our spies couldn't retrieve information quick enough. Well now the incident has occured, the intelligence complex will find out who did it. Who gives you the right to say they are unabled to operate well? They will find the people who were behind this, and I would like those responsible executed. Maybe you should do some reading about anti-terrorism agencies, where I have a particular interest, and most of these books on the CIA say it is sometimes impossible to find these terrorists because they are trained professionals who know how to evade the authorities and strike.

These events came out of nowhere and there was little warning; the President had little time to act. He did the best he could and he still is doing as much as he can.

We must continue on for our fight in freedom and captialism, nothing should stop that. The victims of this attack will not be forgotten, but the country must move on and eliminate all elements of terrorism.

Another point I must make is that Bin Laden has been threatening this country everyday, and we could not know if the threats he made on September 11 were real but they were and we were caught off-guard.

What do you think is the reasoning behind the Taliban's continued contribution of political asylum for bin Laden and his group? I think that any government should arrest bin Laden right away should he knock on their doors.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Gayuwolf and Carl do you just realized what happened?

Yes i realize what happened, and action should be taken, starting with measures to prevent it from happening again. My guess is that most people figured it ludicrous that the USA would face a major terrorist attack. It was only a matter of time.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
What do you think is the reasoning behind the Taliban's continued contribution of political asylum for bin Laden and his group? I think that any government should arrest bin Laden right away should he knock on their doors.

The Taliban hate the US and is a Islamic Fundamentalist regime... I wouldn't be surprised if the Taliban helped fund the attacks themselves. The Taliban consider Osama Bin Laden an important person... for some reason.

I think any nation supporting Bin Laden, if it is officially reported that his group was responsible will have war declared against them. The NATO Alliance will assist, and as it seems Pakistan might help us.

Last edited:
Back