• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How many like the old valuablehost.com better?

Would you rather be on the old server and never have to move?

• Yes, I rather be at the old server, everything was fine then

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I am glad they moved so that I can experience the new Plesk, even if my site is down for 2 weeks

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I wish they never moved period, even though I had some minor complication at the old server

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish that I had never signed up with valuablehost!

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

curiousity

How many of you valuablehost members would rather be on the old host 3 weeks ago and would rather not have valuablehost move to a new server?

They should never had done this, my site was working fine on the old server... it was more reliable.

Click on the link in my sig... it doesn't load...
Why my site is down?!?!? So slooooow that I can't even load it.

And when will the ValuableHost's forums will be back?

But the worst thing in this is the time I lost trying to work around it. Damn! I have more important things to do than screw with my host.

I voted that I had never signed up.

Terrible support. I am actively looking for an alternative. I now can afford $5/month so hopefully I can find a professional host. Who really needs Plesk? I won't use a thing on it. The only benefit I see is that PHPmyadmin is integrated, but I had that installed on my own site before and never saw it as a hassle.

yep. vargus.. it takes a long time to load up. insanely slow... and there's like only one picture on your webpage.

vargus, many hosts have phpmyadmin preinstalled.. I think most Cpanel ones do..

are you guys supposed to get some sort of compensation? It'd be a major pain in the butt if I had downtime for that many days..

Last edited:
Originally posted by Phrozen

No one! Plesk is nothing but trouble.

I'm not sure the problem is Plesk exactly. What gives you the impression that Plesk is the problem???

It is too bad that Valuablehost is getting such bad reviews now. I remembered that they had such good reviews before the new server move.

I bet that HostExp is regretting that he had made this change.

There are 2 old sayings:

"Let sleeping dogs lie" & "If it ain't broke, why fix it"

The vase has been broken and VH is trying to put it back together with super glue. No matter how well it is fixed, you will still see a crack in it.

Nice saying, i regret the move definetly. But you can't please everyone, i had 10 e-mails a day from people who hate the Ensim panel :( oh well... Your site should resolve fine now aswell. Plesk is not the problem. Read the other thread for more information. Most people are trying to put VH down with bad reviews etc after this move, but its not going to help.

Originally posted by curiousity
It is too bad that Valuablehost is getting such bad reviews now. I remembered that they had such good reviews before the new server move.

I bet that HostExp is regretting that he had made this change.

There are 2 old sayings:

"Let sleeping dogs lie" & "If it ain't broke, why fix it"

The vase has been broken and VH is trying to put it back together with super glue. No matter how well it is fixed, you will still see a crack in it.

Last edited:
Adding more wood to the flame? your thread isn't helping anyone.

Originally posted by stu
yep. vargus.. it takes a long time to load up. insanely slow... and there's like only one picture on your webpage.

vargus, many hosts have phpmyadmin preinstalled.. I think most Cpanel ones do..

are you guys supposed to get some sort of compensation? It'd be a major pain in the butt if I had downtime for that many days..

Originally posted by Chicken

I'm not sure the problem is Plesk exactly. What gives you the impression that Plesk is the problem???
I'm not implying the problem with Valuablehost is Plesk, I just think Plesk is a poor cp. I've had some bad experiences with it in the past.

2.0 has been great, very stable.

Originally posted by Phrozen

I'm not implying the problem with Valuablehost is Plesk, I just think Plesk is a poor cp. I've had some bad experiences with it in the past.

Originally posted by Valuablehost
Most people are trying to put VH down with bad reviews etc after this move, but its not going to help.

HostExp, you have to remember something: If there is no fire, how can you see smoke?

You have to remember that your host was once very popular and you had very good reviews by other people. That is how many people come to you for hosting, including myself. For a business to succeed, you need good marketing and good reputation. In fact, I think that having a good reputation is much better than good marketing because you can save a lot of money that way.

Two good hosts have gone from having a good reputation to having bad reviews when they made a server change. The 2 hosts are Valuablehost and WorldZone. Hopefully, the next good host that is contemplating on making a server change should learn from their mistakes and NOT repeat them.

I think that the best way to do this is to make sure that the new server has been tested again and again before the move. In fact, this should be done in the background and not let the clients know about it until it is absolutely ready. This way, the clients would still be using the old server without having their site(s) being off line. You should have told them about switching their DNS after you have moved a few accounts just to make sure that it is working properly before making the announcement that the clients must make the DNS change. In fact, you actually have about 24-48 hours to play around with such as making sure everything is working fine & everything is in top shape.

The "fire" that you started from the server move comes from the "failed deadlines" and the lack of support such as prompt reply of emails.

Also, one thing that I find very odd is the fact that you don't set up your own support forum at your site but instead "forcing" the clients to use this board as a mean to communicate with you and other VH clients for help. I know that you have a VBulletin forum but if you don't want to reactivate it, then why not just set up TEMPORARY phpBB board with 1 or 2 forums just so that people can communicate with you or with the VH members. It is not that hard to set up such a forum....it only takes about 5 minutes at most.
You keep telling that people should email you but I have seen some of the replies that they don't get any response back. When you set up your own forum and post the messages there, it let people know that you care. Everyone can see the proofs. If you provide with adequate support, people will just post a reply and will likely praise for your efforts. This will likely bring more trust to the clients in such difficult times.

From this server move, you have loss trust in your clients and definitely loss a lot of money in the process. I think from reading the results of the poll here, many of the people will not re-signed once their 1-year contract expired, unless something drastically improve, people forget about the incident, or just too lazy to go anywhere else.
In 1-year time, there will be many new webhosts appearing with cheaper & cheaper plan because of competition. It will be up to you reestablish your reputation again if you want to stay in this business.

Last edited:
Hello,

Curiousity, you are correct here and i acknowledge your points. But its human nature to only notice the wrong things and not the good things. I have clients that i have went way out for them, installing scripts and even helping them design there pages. As soon as this move started, i got insults in the thousands.. The reviews will change trust me, i am hiring support staff etc.. I am not here to make a profit from hosting, i am making none at all anyway. I just want to provide a good service to my clients, also i wanted to re-launch the forum once the new valuable design is in the going, since it seems urgent and has been requested by many clients i will re-open the forums now.

Thanks for your comments and i appreciate them, all suggestions welcome.

Regards,
HostEXP

(Mod Note: Removed quote of post above)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back