• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how much do you study on average every day?

How much do you study on average every day?

• less than 1 hour

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • about 1 hour

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • about 2 hours

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • about 3 hours

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • about 4 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • about 5 hours

• about 6 hours

• about 7 hours

• more than 7 hours

• I am not a student

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

4 80 minute classes one day and then 4 other 80 minute classes the next day and we alternate.

8:00 AM - 3:45 PM

10 periods (9 classes), 40 minutes each, 5 minutes to get to the next class.

I dont study much period...Im in 8th grade, mah carefree years. Havent hit high school yet! But I sure cant wait to get outa these stupid uniforms...I look like poindexter... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm in year 8 too... but I think the American and Australian education system differs greatly though. I get about 1 hour of homework a night in total... can't be ****ed studying.

Haven't hit high school yet?
Don't understand, year 8 here is considered high school, and we have to wear uniforms till we finish year 12. The school I go to goes Middle School (7-9) and Senior School (10-12).

We start school at 8:45 and finish at 3:35 with 5, 1 hour periods and a 20min and 60min break. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I never studied at all, in high school. I did maybe, 15 minutes a week.

Now that I have started my course, I study for about 2-3 hours every day.

On the weeks we have off (I get every second week off) I need to study 10 or so hours every day. :mad: :(

i study max an hour a day. in grade 11. i have a 4.43 gpa straight a's. but next year (senior year) i will be taking classes at the local university nc state for math, computer science, and physics

Over here 7th & 8th grade is just considered Jr.High and then 9th grade on is High School. We onlie have to wear uniforms in 7th and 8th....After that were free! :D

Wait....For studying do you mean HW? Or studying for like tests?

If you meant HW, I have an average of 45 mins on an average day and an hour and a half on heavy days.
For tests, I never study. I only study when theres a math test...Thats my only class that is a bit of a challenge...

My schedule...
Code:
7:30am -- get to school any later and you're tardy
7:35am ~ 7:45am -- cleaning period (the students have to sweep the classroom, school
grounds and the bathrooms because there are no janitors. :cry2:[i][/i])
7:45am ~ 8:00am -- On Mon, Wed and Thu we have to go out to the field, stand under the sun
and listen to "important" announcements. (I always wonder why they can't simply use the
loudspeaker)

Time       |   Mon   |        Tue        |     Wed    |   Thu   |  Fri
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8:10am ~ 9:00am   | History |      Chinese      |   English  |    ?    | Geography
9:10am ~ 10:00am  |   PE    |      English      |   Biology  |  Math   | Chinese
10:10am ~ 11:00am | English |     Geography     |   Biology  |  Music  | Computer Science
11:10am ~ 12:00pm |  Math   |       Math        |    Math    |   Art   | Computer Science
12:00pm ~ 12:40pm | LUNCH PERIOD!
12:40pm ~ 1:00pm  | Newly added "experimental" period: sleep period :D
1:10pm ~ 2:00pm   |  H/G**  | Living Technology |     ?      | English | Military Training
2:10pm ~ 3:00pm   | Physics | Living Technology | Study Hall | Chinese | Military Training
3:10pm ~ 4:00pm   | Physics |      Chinese      |     ?      |   PE    | Math
4:10pm ~ 5:00pm   | Chinese |   Fun with Words  |     ?      | History | English

** = If we had history this week, then we have geography the next 
? = I don't know how to explain it
We get 10 minute breaks between each period.

Even though we have so many classes a day, it still feels like we never have enough time to finish all the units in time for the exams, so the teachers rush through the lessons without really teaching anything. :mad:

Speaking of exams... I know 3 of the results of my mid-term exams already. I sorta flunked 2 of 'em and the other barely passed. I wouldn't want to know how the 4 other results look like. :nervous:

Originally posted by Epgs
i have a 4.43 gpa straight a's.
I guess every place is different. A 4.0 GPA is straight A's here.

On a side note, I feel bad for those of you who ever had to wear uniforms in school. If I ever had too, I would've just dropped out.

Originally posted by Phrozen
On a side note, I feel bad for those of you who ever had to wear uniforms in school.
In that case, then feel bad for me... :(

Code:
#arrive
 @school = { "6:45 AM"}
#pre 1
 &monitoring("for", $service[credit]);

&english("world_lit");

&japanese;

&calculus;

&history($global[euro][AP]);

&lunch;

&latin;

&band("scrub");

&comp_sci("AP");

if($day=='A'){
   &gym } else { &chem }

&chem;

Bell schedule: http://www.stuy.edu/about/bells.phtml

4.0 is straight A's in regular classes here.

5.0 is straight A's in *all* AP/Honours 12 classes (AP physics 12, AP chemistry 12, AP biology 12, Honours math 12, AP calculus 12, AP geology 12, AP psychology 12 and AP French 12)

You *could* theoretically get a 5.0 average, I've seen it on the end-of-the-year scoreboard.

But that happens maybe once every 2 years. Once of my friends has it right now, damn bitch! Gonna be a doctor, that one.

Wow, you guys do work? I do maybe 20 mins of work a night at home. I also have a spare, so I do some then. Not much better to do when you are only person you know on spare at that time. And I don't want to be someone who goes on the internet during their free time at school. What would I do? Come here?

Some days(like today) I have a project ot do. I have done about 5 mins of work on it so far, in 2.5 h. I need to get down to it. But it's only Saturday afternoon, why not wait till Sunday night?

BTW, I my average is about 90 in all my subjects. Math is 98%.

Hayama-kun: I took that Euro History AP last year. We never got any text books. We just read some stuff, and that's about it. At the same time we did the regular Social Studies 10 course.

And Gr1-6 is elementary, 7-9 is Junior High, 10-12 is high scool.

And I think anything over 80%? is A, 85 A+?.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
And I think anything over 80%? is A, 85 A+?.
Wow!!! Don't I wish.

Here it's liek this:

F: 69 or below (Fail)
D: 70-75
C: 76-84
B: 85-92
A: 93-100

Back