• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how the free hosting company survive?

tychicus

i found that a lot of hosting companies offer free hosting plan...then how they survive? do you think they really can survive base on the force ad?

Ad revenue is the only one of income.Many reliable free hosting company also provide paid hosting.The major purpose of provding free hosting is to attract vistor.
Those free hosting company only receive ad revenue can survive too long.So that's why free hosting service often stops over one night.

A lot of them don't survive. It is not uncommon to see "fly-by night" hosters that are here one month, and can't pay the bills for the next.

That being said, zujee is right on the dot with the ad rev. and paid hosting. However, from personal experience, I can tell you getting a paid client when you offer so much free is dang near impossible. Thankfully, there can be some very giving users that will donate or switch to a paid plan to support you, and that is how at least I have been able to survive. Not make money though, just pay for itself. There is no money to be made in the hosting biz for the most part.

I don't do it to make money, just keep me busy .... and it does that, and I don't have time to have any fun anymore, so that saves loadsa money lol ....

computers are my hobbie ......

Yea I am not in it for any money at all, I run a Paid Host with a friend and thats how I get to give free hosting is that I make money on the company that hosts my server so thats a plus. Also the domain is like 5 bucks or so and that really dosent put a dent in my pocket book.

That's very nice of you guys. I think if you really want to make money at it you should go to your local businesses and try to get them to be your clients. Most of them in my area don't have a website and I'm thinking about going aroun and offering to do their site if they'll get hosting wit me or something. I haven't started the hosting yet but I was going to use my extra space for them I guess....I think it'll work out well.

Well, I believe most of free host that has been around here for a long time, all have to pay those fees out of their pockets. Through ads won't bring you far. Many fly-pass host though free host will guarantee money, but usually it is the opposite.

When I get fiberconnections in my area, I'll buy a 25mbit connection, and start a free webhosting company.. (And It'll be the world's best free webhosting company, because I'm tired of all those webhosts that can't keep their promises.)

I've tried to have my own server before, but I got actually too many users. I only had a 512kbit connection, and that was TOO slow. So I decided to close my server, instead of having upset users.

My old server:

billede4lj7.jpg

Yeah, yeah. But I like to see the hardware. Hardware shoulden't be hidden inside a case. :angel:

billede1wy5.jpg
:cool2:

Last edited:
Lol I have the same phone. Why don't you just get a dedicated and host people that way?

Not much fun. :(

I want to see my server. I want to feel it, and work with it in front of me.. I want 100% control. :)

I've created my own dedicated server from my computer. I have a 3500+ amd athlon 64 bit. But problem was that I had a 512 connection, no better connection in my city :((. So my dream died.

Back