• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to create a game server host?

mattie005

I was just wondering, how do i make a game server host. I see lots of them for games like CS, half life, condition zero, source and half life2, but what do i need, what do i do.

How much does it cost too? And what scripts do i need?

And do i need some tutorials on what to do before i start this???

Thank you!

game serving requires a great deal of knowledge of network infastructure, servers, security, pricing structure, and the actual games you plan to offer.

unfortunately it is nowhere near as easy as using a particular script to throw it together and start selling.

generally to get started you need a good $300/mo minimum to get started properly and the knowledge to support the games you plan to sell.

If you are genuinely interested in selling games to the public you are best off doing an affiliate program/reseller

so are you wanting advice or just to advertise for a company? I am a little confused by your request and then posting some random game server company

well i wanted to RESELL game servers, be a host like i just recommended. I started this thread to ask what i need and where i get it from.

well if you fancy the place where you just recommended people go, write them an email to see if you can resell. As far as gameservers go most places do not allow you to resell because there is not a system in place

We have a few people reselling for us with prettygood success it is just sort of an untapped resource

Back