• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to disable sendmail for some and not others

Vincenzo

Hi,
I want to setup a free hosting service with paid upgrades.
The major difference between them will be that free plans will not have email for their domain and cannot use sendmail.

I want to avoid setting-up a seperate server just for the free plans until things improve financially. Therefore my question:

Using a cPanel server, disable email and sendmail for free plans but allow for paid plans. Can this be done on the same server?

I have root access.

Many thanks for any suggestion.

- Vince

I saw the reply you made to my other thread, and honestly Ive looked for such a script/cpanel addon myself and never found it.

I bet there would be some money to made for the developers who actually made such a script.

If you do find one, please PM me as im also still in need of such a script for our service.

PS.
Word of advice do not host free/paid on the same server.

Word of advice do not host free/paid on the same server.

Sound advice indeed, but financially cannot justify another server yet.

I am contemplating charging $1 for 'lifetime membership' instead of completely free, just to reduce the amount of potential spammers. What do you think?

- Vince

Sound advice indeed, but financially cannot justify another server yet.

I am contemplating charging $1 for 'lifetime membership' instead of completely free, just to reduce the amount of potential spammers. What do you think?

- Vince

Its your choice, headaches will follow if you do.

Its your choice, headaches will follow if you do.

Appreciate your advice and experience.
Are you saying the $1 lifetime membership is a bad idea? :confused4

I also forgot to mention that I am only offering free hosting to a niche market for people with their own domain name and a particulat TLD

That should also cut out a lot of spammers right?

Thanks,

- Vince

Back