• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to prevent Google adsense Fraud?

Razerst

Look this
Our adsense account was shutdown becuase someone decided to fraudulently click on our ads. We are sorry that this has happened, but it has meant that we cannot afford to offer a free service anymore. Thanks to all who were involved with th...

How many people have this problem, including me.
If somebody doesn't like your site, forum, free hosting service, they can make fake clicks on your adsense. and... Violla, it works!, your account is banned!!!

How can we limit this action? it's like google declare this statement," It's Your Problems Dude, we just act as 3rd party"

Can we do something to prevent this? I hate them(google) if they don't do any actions.
What do you think about this?

Thanx for your opinions guys

Report Google to the Office of Fair Trading, or whatever you have - and if necessary - begin a class action lawsuit against them if you can show they unlawfully closed your account. I agree, Google does not have the right to close your account if it was not you personally who created fraudulent clicks.

The key as CyberDog said is to monitor your adsense sites and report any unusual activity to Google before they close your account. Even better is to get a script that can be configured to stop showing the ads if someone clicks on them more than once.

At this point with your account already cancelled you can try to get it back by explaining what happened and sending them your traffic logs. Make sure your emails are very professional and tactful when interacting with AdSense support. Several people have been able to get their accounts reactivated this way.

once gone adsense is almost impossible to get back . they rely on their old algorithm and not on human efficiency while deciding on this . i lost my adsense accnt just 3 days after i got ti

this is very simple dont place your ad on your clints account there make illegal click which make your adsense account suspended

They're implementing a new system, because Google is being sued (as well as other popular ad agencies) like $90+million due to account closures such as this. So, I guess the people who got closed, are fighting back and are starting to have an effect.

- Renegade

Razerst said:
I don't get it. so, the people whose account closed sued google?
Sounds like they did exactly what I suggested - made a class action and sued them for the illegal closure of their accounts. Just like people who have suspended PayPal accounts should sue PayPal for illegally withholding their money (a bank wouldn't get away with it so why does PayPal?)

After doing your suggestion, now they offer me to make some appeal application. Hope it works

Meksilon said:
Sounds like they did exactly what I suggested - made a class action and sued them for the illegal closure of their accounts. Just like people who have suspended PayPal accounts should sue PayPal for illegally withholding their money (a bank wouldn't get away with it so why does PayPal?)

Yea tell me about it, paypals holding $4k of mine, due to a possible security issue with an payment, that was o helll 5 months ago. lol, and still no return, they want me to pay for something before they release it. LOL, iv just moved on, but i should fight for the cash eh.

LSComputers said:
Yea tell me about it, paypals holding $4k of mine, due to a possible security issue with an payment, that was o helll 5 months ago. lol, and still no return, they want me to pay for something before they release it. LOL, iv just moved on, but i should fight for the cash eh.
That's terrible. I'd contact a solicitor and see if they can find out for you if there's an existing class action lawsuit you could join - or how to go about starting your own one. I've not had any problems with PayPal - but I don't think it's right they play "Big Brother". I don't like Google much either, ever since hearing about how they told a Christian website they could no longer advertise their "homophobic hate mongering" page, and if I linked to it (I don't know off-hand where it is) - you could see that there was no hate-mongering on it of any description - and they said to Google "you allow these other people to advertise their pro-gay sites which actually more hateful and intolerant then we are" - with specific examples.

Here's my hate-mongering homophobic page, as Google would call it:

http://plamdi.com/bing/homosexuality.htm

<.. edit ..>
Oh by the way, this page is far more important, to me...

http://plamdi.com/bing/marry.htm

And that attacks the general Church beliefs more then anything else.
<.. /edit ..>

Good old Big Brother. But I guess they can do what they want, it's their business.

:beer:

Last edited:
Fake Clicks = "Click Fraud" which equates to someone clicking on an ad with no intention of making a purchase and only to profit the owner of the google adsense account.

My thinking is that this also is causing a loss of sales to those advertising their services thru adsense. Being a host / webmaster for several online businesses... I feel I am among those more likely to purchase something I see advertised on the net... BUT I am scared to click on any banners these days, fearing I may somehow get my own adsense cancelled for some stupid reason.

Google (and others) need to find a better way to handle this "Click Fraud" before some enterprising company comes along with something better and we all decide to use them instead for our advertising needs.

Back