• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to profit from Free Webhosting?

I admit, I do know there are some good free hosts in this forum.
From what I observed, these good free hosts are usually those who didn't offer ridiculous amount space and bandwidth.
And most of these good free hosts, do have paid hosting services to sustain their free hosting servers as well.

I am just unhappy with those kiddie hosts who claim that they can offer "unlimited" space and bandwidth, and they even dare to guaranteed that they have 99.9% uptime, while they are actually hosting the users website only on a reseller hosting account, where they don't even know how high is that server's uptime...

I admit, I do know there are some good free hosts in this forum.
From what I observed, these good free hosts are usually those who didn't offer ridiculous amount space and bandwidth.
And most of these good free hosts, do have paid hosting services to sustain their free hosting servers as well.

I am just unhappy with those kiddie hosts who claim that they can offer "unlimited" space and bandwidth, and they even dare to guaranteed that they have 99.9% uptime, while they are actually hosting the users website only on a reseller hosting account, where they don't even know how high is that server's uptime...

Last thing I'd thought, I'd be in any position of influence. Usually I am rather scattered. But this time, for once, I stuck to my goals and drilled out my eval metric. Sure, I expect there will be a bit of snarking, but software side all it takes is "How long has your host been open" vs the user name, and if any new entrants deserved Up-Ranking.

From where I am it took me two years of study work, literally open to all, to find ... TWO... hosts worth an upsell paid fee.

To be honest, I am really glad that you have started this project on observing which free hosts deserve to be trusted.
At least, those who did follow up with your study thread, will know which free host to choose.
It can somehow reduce those "My free host gone!" type of post appearing in this forum, if users did read about that thread of yours.
:)

Well, I wasn't thinking about the advertising part. Maybe the offering does allure users to buy off the premium, but that's a big but...

Thank you all for your opinion.

Back