• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to put up a hosting company? What do I need to do?

joseph21 said:
lol... It's like asking the question "What do I need to repair my car?" Then having the answer "First, you need equipments". :lol:

Wrong. First, you need a car. :lol:

1st of all Stop playing around with the guy that ask quuesitons,
2nd answer the guy quesitons

3rd i suggest getting up a reseller account to start with or if you afford a dedicated server with cPanel / Fantastico installed on.

BW and space it all dipends on your customers needs, make some plans and stick with them then adjust them as your customer needs and play with the plans and money around dipends of your client request. if you need additional help pls add me on msn on code@nightshells.net

Thankyou

you need to do several months of research on the subject before thinking of starting from scratch. Otherwise, choose a reseller account and get familar with it.

codeunix said:
1st of all Stop playing around with the guy that ask quuesitons,
2nd answer the guy quesitons

Thankyou

Sorry.

Yeah, I agree you should start with a reseller account and try to get familiar with it. You may want to start with a free reseller account first to save you some pennys while learning a lot, contact me if you need one. Unless you have plenty of money and patience to lose, I don't recommend a jumpstart to paid reseller hostings because some of them do s_cks and you will only get frustrations. I am relating from my experience.

You will find more here:
http://webhosting.devshed.com

my first recomendation is to avoid any hosts that add you to msn just for the sake of trying to sell you services
2nd look around for a host but make sure u reasearch well any host you are going to be buying services from
3 Get a domain, resseler acount and maybe billing software

Last edited:
Search up tutorials on how to run the business. WHT has some useful ones.

Do a lot of research before actually starting up the business.

I was involved for years before I actually started my own, and when I did, I had the experience and funds saved up (saving up... isn't that a concept lost today?) to grab a high-end VPS and afford all of the other expenses involved.

My suggestion is to shadow a hosting company for a while and find out what it's really like. In the meantime, save up for some good hardware/software.

ok, so it is better to start from a reseller. I know. :)

But how much does it cost for the internet connection? How much connection speed should I get? Do I need to get a DNS first and a domain name? What kind of PC should I have for web hosting (Linux or Windows platform)? Many thanks!

joseph21 said:
ok, so it is better to start from a reseller. I know. :)

But how much does it cost for the internet connection? How much connection speed should I get? Do I need to get a DNS first and a domain name? What kind of PC should I have for web hosting (Linux or Windows platform)? Many thanks!
If you're using a reseller, you don't need to worry about that. If you're looking to start from a server, then I would recommend that you lease one from a datacenter. The quality of the hardware itself will probably be better and the Internet connection, without a doubt, will be much faster.

And just to throw out my 2 cents. Don't buy cheap. If you are going to buy a server, go all out because it will be the difference in 100 tickets a week or none :)

ECSPortal pays close to $300/month per server we lease but on the other hand! No downtime, and with 413 clients....Less than 1 ticket a week on average.

Back