• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to start domain registration and web hosting business?

for domain registration, you need to get a domain reseller account to start.
u can check it out at resellerclub or u can try to check it out at http://resell.kwebserv.info/

while for web hosting, you can start by purchasing a reseller hosting account from any reliable web hosting company. you can find a lot of reseller hosting provider in this forum.

I believe ytou need to invest in
-reseller program for domain name registration
-reseller program for web hosting services
-PPC.

Or instead of a reseller program, get yourself a mid-sized VPS or dedicated server from which to offer your own shared hosting. Make sure you have a steady income by which to fund it though, as it will take quite a while to even suggest making breakeven in profitability.

Domain names you'll need a reseller, that's kind of unavoidable.

I agree to Seraphim :)

The cheapest way is using your own server if you have good amount of clients hosted. Otherwise reselling is better ;)
If you use your own server, you have the full control over your clients and even the softwares which run on the server. And you can install any software your client requests. If you use a reseller account, it is impossible.

But there is a also a advantage using a reseller account. The provider will be taking care of security and server administration. So you won't have to worry about it. But in your own server, you'll have to administrate all the security and usage. That's a disadvantage of VPS/dedicated server.

anyway, i believe that the financial part plays the important role for the person to whether to start a hosting from a reseller account, a VPS or from a dedicated server.

Cocchin is just about to become an automatic web host and domain registation host.

At the moment, we have invested over $600 to fully incorperate everything we need we are doing the following.

We purchased $400 (Tier two) in Enom to bring domain prices under £6 ($8).

We have invested over $200 in service development, re-vamping on templates. etc

If you want to do the same, i'd suggest going direct with enom as profits are a lot more then just on a reseller.

To become a registrar, expect to spend a lot of money.. been a while since I researched but I believe you will spend a hundred grand or so just to qualify

Back