• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How URL redirection for a website

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEOInternetMar

Now I want to optimize a website, but i don't know should i redirect my domain is www or not www. Please give me a advice. thanks so much!

Depends on your preference. It has been a trend to drop the www part of the domain. I use this technique on sites with long domain names.

www is canonical

www doesnt make something canonical and not canonical. it just means that if you use www for the site, then all the links and everything on the site should always be www, and you should use .htaccess to make sure that if someone doesnt type www, it will automatically put it on. you can do the same thing and be canonical by not having www.

Hi!
It depends on your personal preference. whatever you choose, make sure you do all your optimization and online marketing focused on that format. if you direct all your backlinks and articles etc to www.yourdomain.com, but if you have chosen yourdomain.com as your domain, all the optimization will be wasted. :evilb:

It it useful for the business which buy another business website. This is used to convert the websites all traffic to their business websites.

And in general redirecting is not appreciated by goodle as far as i know.

You provided really useful information that can be really good for webmasters going to redirect their domains.

Thanks for that analysis.

I should add, once you choose if you're using www. or not - set up .htaccess so the opposite redirects. It's much better for SEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back