• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HP Dv2000t Issue

TornadoGaming

Hey guys - I purchased a laptop from HP (only because my dad works there) right before my sophmore year (July 0f 2006). On labor day of this year, I took the computer to a repair shop in a neighboring town because the fan blew out - the fan is only 3 years old, which is fairly young for it to overheat. The guys at the shop said that some fans just blow out after awhile and that I had an unlucky fan. I replaced the fan but it cost $350.

Right before halloween I went back to the shop because my screen was flickering - then my whole motherboard crashed! I didn't drop or spill any liquid on the laptop, it just randomly died.

This is the point where the repairs cost so much that it is cheaper to just buy a new box-

Is it common for motherboards to crash after only a few years? The guys at the shop think I have a faulty computer because of these past issues.

Anybody else have these problems with an HP Dv laptop?

The thing about hardware is, you could have just bought a new one and it breaks right away, so you can't really give a factual lifetime on it just an average minimum of what you would expect from it.

Did they say what broke on your laptop's mobo? I sent my monitor back about 2 weeks ago because it wasn't displaying images, I got a full report back on what was broken, and what they replaced, even the cost... (though it's still covered by insurance...) first time I've received a report back though that had the cost of the part.

Well you cant really tell when a laptop [or any pc] is gonna take a royal crap.

we bought 2 dv1000 laptops on the same exact day. They both got about the same usage. However one took a crap a few months back while the other one is still going fine. So maybe you just got unluccky.

In this event I shal say...EEEPC FTW!

Do you still have warranty? If so, cash in on it. They just might replace your notebook with a newer model.

My old zx series notebook from HP is still working fine after 4 years strong. Even spilled a drink or two onto the keyboard before.

Do you still have warranty? If so, cash in on it. They just might replace your notebook with a newer model.

My old zx series notebook from HP is still working fine after 4 years strong. Even spilled a drink or two onto the keyboard before.

Unfortunately it expired. I am asking my dad to ask HP if they can replace it. I got a real case of bad luck.

EDIT: Happy Birthday Tracker

The first computer I built several years ago, the power supply wrecked after about a month. Then about 3 years ago the motherboard fried itself.

Back