• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

html links like PHP?? *confuse*

It's still a server parsed file (PHP, ASP or something), they just used little server tricks to make it seem like an HTML page. Most servers run Apache, and Apache has all sorts of little tricks like that you can do.

One other time you may find something similar is that the page might actually be an html page, and the GET variables are used in some javascript on the page or something.

You can assign any file extension you want to a scripting language with Apache.
For php you can stick this in a .htaccess file and all html files in that folder are parsed with php.

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

LOL,

thanks GregT for the piece of code, now i have added .htaccess file and allowed all files with my name as an extension to be read, too

ghobro said:
but when i do it, when i browse, i must download the file/ not see it like .php extension

you have a .php file that's downloading insted of displaying in the browser? that's bad configuration of the server. the mimes have to be set up for php.

Back