• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I am a reverend

This is just freaky. You can start your own congregation? This is freaky, really, real freaky. Exorcism for all? That is even more freaky.

Originally posted by Koolguy
hehe, I never heard of a online course to become a reverend

It's not a course... Just a simple form you fill out and you get the certificate at the end. They've been around for years... I was ordained back in 1995. Except now they give a colour certificate. :)

Just a form! That's even worse! Now some dude who knows absolutely nothing can come in and mess around with the dominant religion!

I looked into that a while back and apparently the ULC's leader was imprisioned back in the 80's for tax evasion and he had some other legal problems as well. My first thought after seeing this was the Simpsons where they joined the cult.

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you..
like me,
like me.

If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me .
Don't judge or question.
You are broken now ,
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My Gods will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.

Actually its not ligit really... No church in their right mind is going to hire someone that got a certificate just from filling out a form and then printed it out on their printer. Churches want someone that has gone to a Seminary and has had YEARS of training -- Bible training. And they're especially not going to hire a teenager.. :D

Its not legit when you think about it...
You: "I'm a reverand..."
Them: "Oh yeah, we'd you get your training from??"
You: "Oh I just went to this website, filled out a form, and *POOF* I'm a reverand."

LOL

God knows my church wouldn't hire you... I personally don't think much of any church that would... LOL

NOTE: I'm not being hard on you or being synical... I'm just rattling away... :)

Congrats.... Reverand... ;)

Originally posted by rockergrrl
Actually its not ligit really... No church in their right mind is going to hire someone that got a certificate just from filling out a form and then printed it out on their printer. Churches want someone that has gone to a Seminary and has had YEARS of training -- Bible training. And they're especially not going to hire a teenager.. :D

Its not legit when you think about it...
You: "I'm a reverand..."
Them: "Oh yeah, we'd you get your training from??"
You: "Oh I just went to this website, filled out a form, and *POOF* I'm a reverand."

LOL

God knows my church wouldn't hire you... I personally don't think much of any church that would... LOL

NOTE: I'm not being hard on you or being synical... I'm just rattling away... :)

Congrats.... Reverand... ;)

In many states (including Arizona, where I live), anyone who's an ordained minister can perform weddings... Including a ULC ordainment. I can legally marry somebody if I wanted to. :)

The problem is that now days churches require training, when someone like myself knows the Bible inside and out. Why do I need training when I have changed many preacher/pastors/etc views on things? What gets me it some of the ridiculous stuff people believe. Pne preacher started a discussion with me about Revelation where John describes "what looks to be a mountain on fire flying thru the sky". This guy argued till blue in the face that it was the Holy Mountain of God coming down to Earth. I'm sorry, but anyone who has even a half witted understanding of the Bible will know God doesnt, and never has worked like that. Imagine someone back then trying to describe a ballistic missile coming back into the atmosphere....or even a space shuttle for that fact. Dont even get me started on Genisis or anything between there and Revelation...LOL

So should be allowed to goto work for a church because of some school diploma? Or because of what you know. But I prefer to get controversial....like the fact that God can be either "All-Knowing" or "All Powerful", but not both..

Yeah, I sure do enjoy it when the Missionary's or 7th Day Adventist decide to stop by. Come to think of it, neither have come by in quite a while now :)

hey cool,

so i can have some priesty-religious type powers just by filling out this form?

does it matter if im not a christian? ah well. exorcism could come in handy.

Hehe, webdude >:)

Actually, I was thinking how is it you've actually managed to many preachers/pastors/etc views on things??

I mean, I've studied the Bible and all that sort of thing a bit... and for the life of me, I can't get Christians to agree on some things with me (not hoping to cause offense to any there may be here). I mean, like... I can sit there and say "look... -heres- PROOF of this, and -heres- more, and also the Bible doesnt say such and such..." And I can go on for hours... and they simply REFUSE to see things from any other angle than their own. ARG!

I get so worked up about stuff like this 'cuz my ex girlfriend was like that. Like we'd always be talking about something or other and i'd be like "Well, heres why something or other happened" and she would go on with "No... God told me such and such"...

oh dear. :)

Back