• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I got fired on Christmas Eve

bigperm

Doot Do Do Do
NLC
I know the title suggests that I want sympathy here, do not believe it. Getting fired was awesome.

So I had a second job at a restaurant, cooking. I worked Sauturday nights, Sunday mornings and Monday nights. About 15 hours a week, maybe 200 dollars every two weeks to blow on whatever.

The work was easy, as I have mastered everything there is to do in the kitchen and I had a lot of fun working there. Here is an example of the fun I had. There were stockings all around the restaurant with everyone's names on them. I searched for mine, and was suprised to find it was full of candy. While eating the candy, I wondered if someone got candy that didn't deserve it as much as me. I found just the stocking when I came across the one labeled 'Eric' and I procceded to take Eric's candy for myself. Not wanting to leave Eric with nothing on Christmas, I put a tampon in there, just so he'd get something.

So like I said, I had fun there. On to the part where I get fired.

So I assumed that if they wanted me to work on Christmas Eve, they would at least bother to call me and ask me if I was able to. This was a foolish assumption. I guess they knew I would say hell no. So, instead of calling, they just put me on the schedule for Christmas Eve. Sunday morning, 9am - second out.

I found out about it on Friday. I was a little mad, but since I normally work on Sundays, I wasn't too mad. I just decided that I would work until 2 like I normally do, and then leave for my Grandma's out in the country for family time. I announce my plans to leave at 2 as soon as I walk in the door. I brought everyone biscuits from Biscuitville and wished them a Merry Christmas. I even asked the Jew if she had a happy Hanukkah. Then I stole Eric's candy and left him a tampon. Normal day right?

Well there was a miscommunication when two o'clock rolled around and I clocked out to go home. No one seemed to grasp the concept of 'I am leaving' when asked what I was doing. So I left. We weren't busy, we closed in four hours and I wanted to spend time with my family.

I still got fired.

It takes a big man to fire someone on Christmas Eve for showing up to work. That's not quite an accurate summation of the events, but it sounds better. Also, can you really get fired for leaving a job? Isn't that quitting in every sense of the word?

For the record, this is the 3rd time I've worked at this restaurant, and I have a real job.

While working this job I've been working 7 days a week. This is since September, I only had a day off for Thanksgiving and now Christmas. So fired = awesome, because now I actually have two days off a week, until I start my next part time job.

What happened the other two times you worked there?

I've never gotten fired... I always quit... on the spot... screw the 2 weeks notice. Screw references.

Yeah, so that's just it. If you don't care about giving notice or getting the reference, it's much more fun to try and get fired than it is to quit.

$200 every two weeks? Dude, that's not much! Glad to hear you got fired! :)
Yeah, but I was only working 10-12 hours a week there.

daniel said:
What happened the other two times you worked there?

I've never gotten fired... I always quit... on the spot... screw the 2 weeks notice. Screw references.
The first time I worked there, I worked there for 2 and a half years, and was the best cook they had. I demanded a raise, and when they said no, I gave my notice. I quit and got a real job. Best thing I ever did.

The second time was very similar to this last time, except it was on a tuesday or something instead of Christmas Eve. They wanted me to close, as in work until 1 am, when I had to be at work at my real job at 7 am. So I left around 10. When I came back this last time, it was under the condition that I don't do anything like that again. Some people never learn.

Yeah, so that's just it. If you don't care about giving notice or getting the reference, it's much more fun to try and get fired than it is to quit.
Also, this. I am realizing that, since I have a long history of good standing in my real jobs, I can do whatever I want at my second job. Talk about freedom.

bigperm said:
While eating the candy, I wondered if someone got candy that didn't deserve it as much as me. I found just the stocking when I came across the one labeled 'Eric' and I procceded to take Eric's candy for myself. Not wanting to leave Eric with nothing on Christmas, I put a tampon in there, just so he'd get something.
:lol: I woulda liked to been there to see that :p

'perm, what are you doing with a tampon, anyways? Do you always have easy access to tampons?

In any case, I work at a restaurant as well. We just normally whip towels at each other.

Back