• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I have a Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Bullah
NLC
Coming to Freewebspace forums today and going to my UserCP, as I normally do, I noticed that I was given -Rep by someone related to my thread in Ads and Offers called "Joomla Guru Needed". The comment that the person left was "space".
Finding this, not offensive in any way, but rather foolish and obviously abuse of the Rep system, which is against the FWS Rules, I reported it to Jan and Peo via PM. Haven't heard back from Peo to this point but did get a reply from Jan that said "Looking at their History they don't have an abusive pattern." and that was that. However, the Negative Rep remains.
Does anyone else feel there is something amiss here or am I unaware of a rule change somehow?

I wouldn't interpret the reputation abuse rule in the same manner as you have.

From my perspective, the reputation abuse rule is put in place to stop people from going on positive/negative/nonsensical repping sprees. If Jan says that the user's history does not have an abusive pattern, I'd trust her judgement.

Just a question here, did you ask Jan/Peo for the rep to be removed specifically?

I wouldn't have expected a different answer from a staff member. But to answer your question, yes I did ask for it to be removed.

Epic Failures

Last edited:
Haven't you learnt that insulting the people over petty issues never gets you anywhere?

I appreciate you reporting the -rep to us so we could look into it, but I agree with Jan. By -rep abuse we mean something different than a one time -rep without an abusive comment. A lot of people including myself have received similar -rep and it's not been removed. I understand it's annoying though.

You have a good reputation here Dan, so nothing to worry about. :classic2:

He doesn't have good rep. I hate Dan, he is a big fat meany head. :p J/k

Anyways, can't we all just get a long and move on with our lives. I've received odd -rep before and I don't care as I still have a good rep here at FWS. :D Rep means nothing anyways.

I agree with Marvin, I have -rep's, don't bother me. If you want to have a hissy fit about a -rep Dan then just shut up and forget about it :lol:

A lot of people including myself have received similar -rep and it's not been removed. I understand it's annoying though.
Indeed. I think we all have at some stage. It is when the pointless repper makes a habit of it that we step in and put a (hopefully) permanent stop to it.

He doesn't have good rep. I hate Dan, he is a big fat meany head. :p J/k

Anyways, can't we all just get a long and move on with our lives. I've received odd -rep before and I don't care as I still have a good rep here at FWS. :D Rep means nothing anyways.

I hate you. Im gonna hack your server and write all bad things about you on your main website. :devious2::confused4:ninja:

Why not just get rid of the rep system? Do you think that anybody would take it the wrong way?

They probably would. There are the odd couple here who just come to FWS to spend their time -Reppin and +Reppin just to kill some time and so their Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Same-Sex Partner would think they were actually doing something that would contribute to the changes needed to make this world a much better and safer place for our children's children.:fangel:

I personally think the reputation system is a waste of time. It gets abused most of the time and most comments made with the -reps are useless.

Dan I know what type of person you are and I know that I will recommend your services to my clients and friends.

Haha, logged into FWS for the first time in ages. This thread tells me nothing ever changes around here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back